Key is not right so what must I do now.

More about : product key work

September 22, 2009 9:39:25 PM

Take it back or call MS
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 22, 2009 9:47:02 PM

Contact Microsoft, and double check that your typing it right. Make sure you didnt but a pirated copy.
m
l
Related resources
a c 395 $ Windows 7
September 22, 2009 10:52:33 PM

You must call microsoft...read the key to the them they will verify it for you!!!!!Did you purchase this from a reputable source?
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
September 22, 2009 11:45:39 PM

knotknut said:
Take it back or call MS

Most (if not all) retailers will not accept opened software packages for return or refund. You might be able to get away with it if you can show them that the key provided with the product does not work, but most of them will simply tell you that you can't return it, or will tell you contact the vendor.
m
l
a c 395 $ Windows 7
September 22, 2009 11:52:43 PM

microsoft will help you if its legit!
m
l
October 29, 2009 12:50:09 AM

This happened to me when I purchased an upgrade disk and tried to install it onto a blank hard drive. The program will tell you that you cannot install it as the product key in not valid.

To get around this you have to install it and do NOT enter the product key. It will allow you to install the product.

THEN you have to reboot off the same DVD and install it again, but this time choose the upgrade option and format the hard drive. This will allow you to Upgrade the same installation of Windows 7.

It is a trick I had to do to get mine to install cleanly.
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
October 29, 2009 2:37:59 AM

Mark,

Please read the thread before you post. The OP was talking about his copy of Office Home and Student, not Windows 7.
m
l
!