windows backup missing

April 3, 2004 9:29:32 PM

Hi all..... I have an OEM installation of XP and the backup utility is
missing. Can I install it from the recovery disk and how? If not is there
any other way I can obtain it?

Charlie

More about : windows backup missing

Anonymous
April 4, 2004 1:45:12 AM

Charlie;

VALUEADD and SUPPORT Folders Are Not Included on OEM CD-ROMs
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311246

[[Among others, some of the utilities in this folder are USMT Command line
components, NTBACKUP, additional fonts, and the unsupported NetBEUI
protocol.]]

[[To resolve this issue, contact the manufacturer of your computer to
inquire about the availability of these folders.]]

SOL, I'd say.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%23mczS6bGEHA.3724@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Charles Phillips <charlesphillips@nospam.nf.sympatico.ca> hunted and
pecked:
> Hi all..... I have an OEM installation of XP and the backup utility is
> missing. Can I install it from the recovery disk and how? If not is
> there any other way I can obtain it?
>
> Charlie
Anonymous
April 4, 2004 1:45:13 AM

I kind of thought I might be SOL Thanks for the info Wes.

Charlie

> Charlie;
>
> VALUEADD and SUPPORT Folders Are Not Included on OEM CD-ROMs
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311246
>
> [[Among others, some of the utilities in this folder are USMT Command line
> components, NTBACKUP, additional fonts, and the unsupported NetBEUI
> protocol.]]
>
> [[To resolve this issue, contact the manufacturer of your computer to
> inquire about the availability of these folders.]]
>
> SOL, I'd say.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:%23mczS6bGEHA.3724@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
> Charles Phillips <charlesphillips@nospam.nf.sympatico.ca> hunted and
> pecked:
> > Hi all..... I have an OEM installation of XP and the backup utility is
> > missing. Can I install it from the recovery disk and how? If not is
> > there any other way I can obtain it?
> >
> > Charlie

Anonymous
April 4, 2004 4:42:41 PM