windows backup missing

Hi all..... I have an OEM installation of XP and the backup utility is
missing. Can I install it from the recovery disk and how? If not is there
any other way I can obtain it?

Charlie
3 answers Last reply
More about windows backup missing

    Charlie;

    VALUEADD and SUPPORT Folders Are Not Included on OEM CD-ROMs
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311246

    [[Among others, some of the utilities in this folder are USMT Command line
    components, NTBACKUP, additional fonts, and the unsupported NetBEUI
    protocol.]]

    [[To resolve this issue, contact the manufacturer of your computer to
    inquire about the availability of these folders.]]

    SOL, I'd say.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:%23mczS6bGEHA.3724@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
    Charles Phillips <charlesphillips@nospam.nf.sympatico.ca> hunted and
    pecked:
    > Hi all..... I have an OEM installation of XP and the backup utility is
    > missing. Can I install it from the recovery disk and how? If not is
    > there any other way I can obtain it?
    >
    > Charlie

    I kind of thought I might be SOL Thanks for the info Wes.

    Charlie

    > Charlie;
    >
    > VALUEADD and SUPPORT Folders Are Not Included on OEM CD-ROMs
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311246
    >
    > [[Among others, some of the utilities in this folder are USMT Command line
    > components, NTBACKUP, additional fonts, and the unsupported NetBEUI
    > protocol.]]
    >
    > [[To resolve this issue, contact the manufacturer of your computer to
    > inquire about the availability of these folders.]]
    >
    > SOL, I'd say.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:%23mczS6bGEHA.3724@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
    > Charles Phillips <charlesphillips@nospam.nf.sympatico.ca> hunted and
    > pecked:
    > > Hi all..... I have an OEM installation of XP and the backup utility is
    > > missing. Can I install it from the recovery disk and how? If not is
    > > there any other way I can obtain it?
    > >
    > > Charlie

    :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:%23kgRrBeGEHA.2428@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Charles Phillips <charlesphillips@nospam.nf.sympatico.ca> hunted and
    pecked:
    > I kind of thought I might be SOL Thanks for the info Wes.
    >
    > Charlie

    >> Charlie;
    >>
    >> VALUEADD and SUPPORT Folders Are Not Included on OEM CD-ROMs
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311246
    >>
    >> [[Among others, some of the utilities in this folder are USMT
    >> Command line components, NTBACKUP, additional fonts, and the
    >> unsupported NetBEUI protocol.]]
    >>
    >> [[To resolve this issue, contact the manufacturer of your computer to
    >> inquire about the availability of these folders.]]
    >>
    >> SOL, I'd say.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >> Wes
    >>
    >> In news:%23mczS6bGEHA.3724@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
    >> Charles Phillips <charlesphillips@nospam.nf.sympatico.ca> hunted and
    >> pecked:
    >>> Hi all..... I have an OEM installation of XP and the backup utility
    >>> is missing. Can I install it from the recovery disk and how? If not
    >>> is there any other way I can obtain it?
    >>>
    >>> Charlie

Recovery Disk Backup Microsoft Windows XP