save as pdf file on publisher, windows xp

hi, need help. how can i save a document on publisher as
pdf file? i have windows xp.
thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about save file publisher windows

    mylinsky wrote:
    > hi, need help. how can i save a document on publisher as
    > pdf file? i have windows xp.
    > thanks.

    You must have a separate software program to do this. You can either
    purchase Adobe Acrobat (Expensive).

    I have been using the 'free' CutePDF Writer for quiet some time and it works
    very well. It adds an option in the File/Print menu that allows you to save
    any document from most MS Office applications as a PDF file. Check it out
    here:

    CutePDF Writer - Create PDF documents easily from any Windows application
    for absolutely free:
    http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp

    --
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    http://www.dts-l.org
    http://www.mvps.org

    Direct to you from MS Publisher Help:

    Save a publication as a PDF file
    To save a publication as a PDF file in Publisher, you need to use a
    third-party PDF printer driver that lets you save a PDF file directly from
    Publisher or a third-party program that converts PostScript files to PDF.
    Publisher does not include a program like this; you must purchase it
    separately.

    steve

    "mylinsky" said in news:1506001c419bf$3db5a960$a601280a@phx.gbl:
    > hi, need help. how can i save a document on publisher as
    > pdf file? i have windows xp.
    > thanks.

    PDF Creator (free)
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

    Post replies to newsgroup. Share with others. E-mail not accepted.

    Ronnie.

    Thanks very much for that link. I needed to print on both sides of 650 A4
    pages from a Publisher doc last week and I had to send it to our print room
    in our head office 65 miles away. Because of the inevitable font difference
    problem, I had to get our IT department to convert it to pdf format using
    Adobe (only they can afford it). It did only a fair job with Wordart
    becoming jagged, square edges becoming rounded and text losing sharpness.

    CutePDF Writer which I downloaded on your recommendation, has done a perfect
    job, with none of the afore-mentioned deteriorations.

    I'm a bit surprised that Adobe has been outdone!

    Thanks again
    Gummo

    Gummo wrote:
    > Ronnie.
    >
    > Thanks very much for that link. I needed to print on both sides of
    > 650 A4 pages from a Publisher doc last week and I had to send it to
    > our print room in our head office 65 miles away. Because of the
    > inevitable font difference problem, I had to get our IT department to
    > convert it to pdf format using Adobe (only they can afford it). It
    > did only a fair job with Wordart becoming jagged, square edges
    > becoming rounded and text losing sharpness.
    >
    > CutePDF Writer which I downloaded on your recommendation, has done a
    > perfect job, with none of the afore-mentioned deteriorations.
    >
    > I'm a bit surprised that Adobe has been outdone!
    >
    > Thanks again
    > Gummo

    Your Welcome. I too was quiet shocked the first time I saw the output from
    CutePDF, my company spent several hundred dollars on Acrobat and it does no
    better than the free program with the integration or the output.
    --
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    http://www.dts-l.org
    http://www.mvps.org

    On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 13:45:56 -0800, Ronnie Vernon MVP wrote:

    > mylinsky wrote:
    >> hi, need help. how can i save a document on publisher as
    >> pdf file? i have windows xp.
    >> thanks.
    >
    > You must have a separate software program to do this. You can either
    > purchase Adobe Acrobat (Expensive).
    >
    > I have been using the 'free' CutePDF Writer for quiet some time and it works
    > very well. It adds an option in the File/Print menu that allows you to save
    > any document from most MS Office applications as a PDF file. Check it out
    > here:
    >
    > CutePDF Writer - Create PDF documents easily from any Windows application
    > for absolutely free:
    > http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp

    Thanks for the lead on this program, Ronnie. Have just installed it and it
    looks great!
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Sharon F wrote:
    > On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 13:45:56 -0800, Ronnie Vernon MVP wrote:
    >
    >> mylinsky wrote:
    >>> hi, need help. how can i save a document on publisher as
    >>> pdf file? i have windows xp.
    >>> thanks.
    >>
    >> You must have a separate software program to do this. You can either
    >> purchase Adobe Acrobat (Expensive).
    >>
    >> I have been using the 'free' CutePDF Writer for quiet some time and
    >> it works very well. It adds an option in the File/Print menu that
    >> allows you to save any document from most MS Office applications as
    >> a PDF file. Check it out here:
    >>
    >> CutePDF Writer - Create PDF documents easily from any Windows
    >> application for absolutely free:
    >> http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp
    >
    > Thanks for the lead on this program, Ronnie. Have just installed it
    > and it looks great!

    Welcome, Sharon. It really shocked me the first time I tried Cute PDF. It
    makes the conversion really simple and gives excellent output.

    --
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    http://www.dts-l.org