save as pdf file on publisher, windows xp

April 3, 2004 5:04:23 PM

hi, need help. how can i save a document on publisher as
pdf file? i have windows xp.
thanks.
Anonymous
April 3, 2004 5:45:56 PM

mylinsky wrote:
> hi, need help. how can i save a document on publisher as
> pdf file? i have windows xp.
> thanks.

You must have a separate software program to do this. You can either
purchase Adobe Acrobat (Expensive).

I have been using the 'free' CutePDF Writer for quiet some time and it works
very well. It adds an option in the File/Print menu that allows you to save
any document from most MS Office applications as a PDF file. Check it out
here:

CutePDF Writer - Create PDF documents easily from any Windows application
for absolutely free:
http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://www.dts-l.org
http://www.mvps.org
Anonymous
April 3, 2004 6:20:37 PM

Direct to you from MS Publisher Help:

Save a publication as a PDF file
To save a publication as a PDF file in Publisher, you need to use a
third-party PDF printer driver that lets you save a PDF file directly from
Publisher or a third-party program that converts PostScript files to PDF.
Publisher does not include a program like this; you must purchase it
separately.

steve
April 4, 2004 12:25:51 AM

"mylinsky" said in news:1506001c419bf$3db5a960$a601280a@phx.gbl:
> hi, need help. how can i save a document on publisher as
> pdf file? i have windows xp.
> thanks.

PDF Creator (free)
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

Post replies to newsgroup. Share with others. E-mail not accepted.
April 4, 2004 2:47:15 PM

Ronnie.

Thanks very much for that link. I needed to print on both sides of 650 A4
pages from a Publisher doc last week and I had to send it to our print room
in our head office 65 miles away. Because of the inevitable font difference
problem, I had to get our IT department to convert it to pdf format using
Adobe (only they can afford it). It did only a fair job with Wordart
becoming jagged, square edges becoming rounded and text losing sharpness.

CutePDF Writer which I downloaded on your recommendation, has done a perfect
job, with none of the afore-mentioned deteriorations.

I'm a bit surprised that Adobe has been outdone!

Thanks again
Gummo

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" <ronv@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o ZHWVUcGEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> mylinsky wrote:
> > hi, need help. how can i save a document on publisher as
> > pdf file? i have windows xp.
> > thanks.
>
> You must have a separate software program to do this. You can either
> purchase Adobe Acrobat (Expensive).
>
> I have been using the 'free' CutePDF Writer for quiet some time and it
works
> very well. It adds an option in the File/Print menu that allows you to
save
> any document from most MS Office applications as a PDF file. Check it out
> here:
>
> CutePDF Writer - Create PDF documents easily from any Windows application
> for absolutely free:
> http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp
>

> --
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
> http://www.dts-l.org
> http://www.mvps.org

Anonymous
April 4, 2004 2:47:16 PM

Gummo wrote:
> Ronnie.
>
> Thanks very much for that link. I needed to print on both sides of
> 650 A4 pages from a Publisher doc last week and I had to send it to
> our print room in our head office 65 miles away. Because of the
> inevitable font difference problem, I had to get our IT department to
> convert it to pdf format using Adobe (only they can afford it). It
> did only a fair job with Wordart becoming jagged, square edges
> becoming rounded and text losing sharpness.
>
> CutePDF Writer which I downloaded on your recommendation, has done a
> perfect job, with none of the afore-mentioned deteriorations.
>
> I'm a bit surprised that Adobe has been outdone!
>
> Thanks again
> Gummo

Your Welcome. I too was quiet shocked the first time I saw the output from
CutePDF, my company spent several hundred dollars on Acrobat and it does no
better than the free program with the integration or the output.
--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://www.dts-l.org
http://www.mvps.org
Anonymous
April 5, 2004 1:39:32 PM

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 13:45:56 -0800, Ronnie Vernon MVP wrote:

> mylinsky wrote:
>> hi, need help. how can i save a document on publisher as
>> pdf file? i have windows xp.
>> thanks.
>
> You must have a separate software program to do this. You can either
> purchase Adobe Acrobat (Expensive).
>
> I have been using the 'free' CutePDF Writer for quiet some time and it works
> very well. It adds an option in the File/Print menu that allows you to save
> any document from most MS Office applications as a PDF file. Check it out
> here:
>
> CutePDF Writer - Create PDF documents easily from any Windows application
> for absolutely free:
> http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp

Thanks for the lead on this program, Ronnie. Have just installed it and it
looks great!
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Sharon F wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 13:45:56 -0800, Ronnie Vernon MVP wrote:
>
>> mylinsky wrote:
>>> hi, need help. how can i save a document on publisher as
>>> pdf file? i have windows xp.
>>> thanks.
>>
>> You must have a separate software program to do this. You can either
>> purchase Adobe Acrobat (Expensive).
>>
>> I have been using the 'free' CutePDF Writer for quiet some time and
>> it works very well. It adds an option in the File/Print menu that
>> allows you to save any document from most MS Office applications as
>> a PDF file. Check it out here:
>>
>> CutePDF Writer - Create PDF documents easily from any Windows
>> application for absolutely free:
>> http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp
>
> Thanks for the lead on this program, Ronnie. Have just installed it
> and it looks great!

Welcome, Sharon. It really shocked me the first time I tried Cute PDF. It
makes the conversion really simple and gives excellent output.

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://www.dts-l.org