Oberon

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Has anyone had any problems with playing BF2 with zonealarm running? I get a lot of lag with it running. If I shut it down no lag.

Oberon

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Yes I have found BF2 a resource hog. I only have 1g ram right now but am waiting on newegg to ship my Corsair 2x1g mem to me. That should help a lot. I mostly shut down ZA when playing and i don't drop connection as much. I did notice most BF2 servers are on Comcast which has oversold their bandwidth. Guess that could be part of the problem also. LOL :lol:

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
I find zonealarm bjorks alot of online FPSs for me even if I open ports and give the game full access.

In BF2 running ZA all I get is constant connection problems alerts and in HL2/DoD/CS I get packet loss altho to be honest I often got shit rates and ping spikes without ZA, it's one of the reasons why I stopped playing that arse fo a game.

Can't go online without a firewall tho. I did and got a virus that completely fucked my system over.

I use BlackIce as a firewall when I want to game. Not as user friendly as ZA so I revert to ZA for general browsing and playing Eve.