can't see pictures, jpeg, gif or thumbnails

April 4, 2004 3:23:37 AM

I just got my new presario s4200nx, with windows xp. I
have recently installed Norton antivirus and firewall and
now I can't see any of the pictures sent by my buddies in
emails, or even on websites. The area that should be a
picture of something is a blank outlined box with a small
x in red in the upper left hand corner. I can't figure
out why I can't see these pictures. Can someone help?
Anonymous
April 4, 2004 1:00:17 PM

Suzzi wrote:
> I just got my new presario s4200nx, with windows xp. I
> have recently installed Norton antivirus and firewall and
> now I can't see any of the pictures sent by my buddies in
> emails, or even on websites. The area that should be a
> picture of something is a blank outlined box with a small
> x in red in the upper left hand corner. I can't figure
> out why I can't see these pictures. Can someone help?

See if any of the following links help
Q246186 - OLEXP: Image May Not Appear in Message Received with Outlook
Express:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=246186

OLEXP: Image May Not Appear in Message Sent with Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=171908

OLEXP: Images in E-Mail Messages Are Missing After You Apply Stationery
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256974

Some types of images don't display
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#noprev...

The following link explains what may happen after installing firewalls,
AV applications, pop up blockers etc.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
--
Kath Adams