can't see pictures, jpeg, gif or thumbnails

I just got my new presario s4200nx, with windows xp. I
have recently installed Norton antivirus and firewall and
now I can't see any of the pictures sent by my buddies in
emails, or even on websites. The area that should be a
picture of something is a blank outlined box with a small
x in red in the upper left hand corner. I can't figure
out why I can't see these pictures. Can someone help?
1 answer Last reply
More about pictures jpeg thumbnails

    Suzzi wrote:
    > I just got my new presario s4200nx, with windows xp. I
    > have recently installed Norton antivirus and firewall and
    > now I can't see any of the pictures sent by my buddies in
    > emails, or even on websites. The area that should be a
    > picture of something is a blank outlined box with a small
    > x in red in the upper left hand corner. I can't figure
    > out why I can't see these pictures. Can someone help?

    See if any of the following links help
    Q246186 - OLEXP: Image May Not Appear in Message Received with Outlook
    Express:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=246186

    OLEXP: Image May Not Appear in Message Sent with Outlook Express
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=171908

    OLEXP: Images in E-Mail Messages Are Missing After You Apply Stationery
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256974

    Some types of images don't display
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#nopreview

    The following link explains what may happen after installing firewalls,
    AV applications, pop up blockers etc.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
    --
    Kath Adams