mark

Under documents and settings folder, there seems to be several accounts in
use. Administrator, one account in my name ( *** ), all users, default user.
Can I delete 'all users' and 'default user' ? I have read previous posts and
you need to keep administrator. There is only going to be one user, myself.
Of the other folders, there just seems to be duplicating folders.

Leave those ones alone

Default user is a template, used when new users are created
All users is being used by you, you just aren't aware of it.
Many programs put their shortcuts in All Users
eg. take a look at All Users--Start Menu Programs

Regards
Mark Dormer

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 11:15:24 +0100, mark wrote:

> Under documents and settings folder, there seems to be several accounts in
> use. Administrator, one account in my name ( *** ), all users, default user.
> Can I delete 'all users' and 'default user' ? I have read previous posts and
> you need to keep administrator. There is only going to be one user, myself.
> Of the other folders, there just seems to be duplicating folders.

You may not have a need for Default User at the moment but somewhere down
the line your regular everyday account might run into trouble and need to
be replaced or recreated. When/if that day comes, XP will use Default User
to create the account.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User