Archived from groups: (More info?)

So I am playing DOW:WA last night on one of the Chaos missions. I am
supposed to defend my base (at the end of a very long and grueling
mission) from the eldar avatar. I am supposed to bring in a blood
thirster to destroy it. Supposedly none of my other units can do it.
Well in the script it must be written that the HP of the avitar is
infinite until the Blood thirster comes down. Even after the
bloodthirster came down the avitar had like 66652500 hp or something
silly like that. I went from basically an assured victory with a minor
goal to absolute failure as the avatar was unstoppable and crushed
everything.

I think it was because I took the iniative to kill the avatar before it
attacked.

Big_Sanchez

there is no glitch. if you look at the box down where abilities are (beside jump), you will see the bloodthirster has a "kill avatar" ability. You simply get the daemon close enough to the avatar and use the ability on it and it will kill it.