Closed

I would like to enable admin account on XP Home

I would to enable the Administrator account so when I
press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the welcome screen a few times, I
can use the computer using the Administrator account.

Can someone please help?

I'm using Windows XP home so I can't use the Computer
Management console to manage user accounts. This poses a
problem, as I can't enable the administrator account.

Please send a answer to my email address!

Much appreciated!
4 answers Last reply
More about enable admin account home

    kirk-ruthven@actewagl.net.au cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly:

    > I would to enable the Administrator account so when I
    > press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the welcome screen a few times, I
    > can use the computer using the Administrator account.
    >
    > Can someone please help?
    >
    > I'm using Windows XP home so I can't use the Computer
    > Management console to manage user accounts. This poses a
    > problem, as I can't enable the administrator account.
    >
    > Please send a answer to my email address!
    >
    > Much appreciated!
    You need to boot into Safe Mode to access the Administrator account in
    Home edition. While you are there, why not set up a User Account with
    admin rights? Then you can administer user accounts without going into
    the Administrator account.

    HTH

    and let me add, pressing ctrl-alt-del twice is only applicable to winxp pro.
    --
    the email address from where this message has been sent from is unmonitored.
    your replies may not be received. if you want to send a reply to this

    "Gordon" <me6@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > kirk-ruthven@actewagl.net.au cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly:
    >
    > > I would to enable the Administrator account so when I
    > > press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the welcome screen a few times, I
    > > can use the computer using the Administrator account.
    > >
    > > Can someone please help?
    > >
    > > I'm using Windows XP home so I can't use the Computer
    > > Management console to manage user accounts. This poses a
    > > problem, as I can't enable the administrator account.
    > >
    > > Please send a answer to my email address!
    > >
    > > Much appreciated!
    > You need to boot into Safe Mode to access the Administrator account in
    > Home edition. While you are there, why not set up a User Account with
    > admin rights? Then you can administer user accounts without going into
    > the Administrator account.
    >
    > HTH

  3. 1. Go to Start > Run, type in regedit, and click OK, or press Enter (Return for Mac Keyboards)
    2. 2.Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList in the Registry Editor.
    3. Double-click the Administrator pane.
    4. If the Administrator key doesn't exist, right-click, select New > DWORD Value, type in Administrator
    5. Go to Step #3, and then, edit the value from 0 to 1
    6-1. Log out from your current user, and login to the Administrator account
    6-2. Go to Start > Run, and type in Control userpasswords (User Name Config.)
    7. Go to the Administrator account, Create a password (recommended)
    8. Click on the button that says: Yes, Make Private, and exit the User Name Config.

    And you're done.

    Source: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/05/07/unhide-the-administrator-account-in-windows-xp/
  4. Necropost.

Computers Windows XP