I would like to enable admin account on XP Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would to enable the Administrator account so when I
press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the welcome screen a few times, I
can use the computer using the Administrator account.

Can someone please help?

I'm using Windows XP home so I can't use the Computer
Management console to manage user accounts. This poses a
problem, as I can't enable the administrator account.

Please send a answer to my email address!

Much appreciated!

Gordon

kirk-ruthven@actewagl.net.au cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly:

> I would to enable the Administrator account so when I
> press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the welcome screen a few times, I
> can use the computer using the Administrator account.
>
> Can someone please help?
>
> I'm using Windows XP home so I can't use the Computer
> Management console to manage user accounts. This poses a
> problem, as I can't enable the administrator account.
>
> Please send a answer to my email address!
>
> Much appreciated!
You need to boot into Safe Mode to access the Administrator account in
Home edition. While you are there, why not set up a User Account with
admin rights? Then you can administer user accounts without going into
the Administrator account.

HTH

and let me add, pressing ctrl-alt-del twice is only applicable to winxp pro.
--
the email address from where this message has been sent from is unmonitored.
your replies may not be received. if you want to send a reply to this

"Gordon" <me6@privacy.net> wrote in message
> kirk-ruthven@actewagl.net.au cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly:
>
> > I would to enable the Administrator account so when I
> > press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the welcome screen a few times, I
> > can use the computer using the Administrator account.
> >
> > Can someone please help?
> >
> > I'm using Windows XP home so I can't use the Computer
> > Management console to manage user accounts. This poses a
> > problem, as I can't enable the administrator account.
> >
> > Please send a answer to my email address!
> >
> > Much appreciated!
> You need to boot into Safe Mode to access the Administrator account in
> Home edition. While you are there, why not set up a User Account with
> admin rights? Then you can administer user accounts without going into
> the Administrator account.
>
> HTH

WindowsGuy

1. Go to Start > Run, type in regedit, and click OK, or press Enter (Return for Mac Keyboards)
2. 2.Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList in the Registry Editor.
3. Double-click the Administrator pane.
4. If the Administrator key doesn't exist, right-click, select New > DWORD Value, type in Administrator
5. Go to Step #3, and then, edit the value from 0 to 1
6-1. Log out from your current user, and login to the Administrator account
6-2. Go to Start > Run, and type in Control userpasswords (User Name Config.)
7. Go to the Administrator account, Create a password (recommended)
8. Click on the button that says: Yes, Make Private, and exit the User Name Config.

And you're done.

Source: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/05/07/unhide-the-administrator-account-in-windows-xp/