DF LW Shutting off

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Hello, All!
I am playing DF LW on a Win 98SE box with plenty of ram and processing
power. I also installed win98 plus a little while ago. Whenever I play any
of the DF games, they suddenly just blink and then they are gone. I am right
back to the desktop. Any ideas?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

No, but I play on Win XP, AMD 2800, 512 meg of ram and have the exact same
problem. I have upgraded the game and their tech support is such a circle
jerk I didn't even bother asking. If you find anything out please post it
here for me. Thanks.

PC By Design wrote:
> Hello, All!
> I am playing DF LW on a Win 98SE box with plenty of ram and processing
> power. I also installed win98 plus a little while ago. Whenever I
> play any of the DF games, they suddenly just blink and then they are
> gone. I am right back to the desktop. Any ideas?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Could it be a power supply going bad?

"John H" <dont@email.me> wrote in message
> No, but I play on Win XP, AMD 2800, 512 meg of ram and have the exact same
> problem. I have upgraded the game and their tech support is such a circle
> jerk I didn't even bother asking. If you find anything out please post it
> here for me. Thanks.
>

> PC By Design wrote:
> > Hello, All!
> > I am playing DF LW on a Win 98SE box with plenty of ram and processing
> > power. I also installed win98 plus a little while ago. Whenever I
> > play any of the DF games, they suddenly just blink and then they are
> > gone. I am right back to the desktop. Any ideas?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

No, it is extremely unlikey. My pc is less than 5 months old and this is the
only program I have problems with. It never shuts down unless I have been
playing DFLW for an hour or better. And after it crashes on two occasions I
have had to uninstall it, delete the files and directories left behind, then
reinstall and re-update the game. Im ready to give up on it all together and
focus on a new game. Thanks for the suggestion though, any help is
appreciated and you had no way of knowing all the details based on my post.

"PC By Design" <pcbydesign@dontbotherme.net> wrote in message
> Could it be a power supply going bad?
>

> "John H" <dont@email.me> wrote in message
> > No, but I play on Win XP, AMD 2800, 512 meg of ram and have the exact
same
> > problem. I have upgraded the game and their tech support is such a
circle
> > jerk I didn't even bother asking. If you find anything out please post
it
> > here for me. Thanks.
> >

> > PC By Design wrote:
> > > Hello, All!
> > > I am playing DF LW on a Win 98SE box with plenty of ram and processing
> > > power. I also installed win98 plus a little while ago. Whenever I
> > > play any of the DF games, they suddenly just blink and then they are
> > > gone. I am right back to the desktop. Any ideas?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

"PC By Design" wrote in
> Hello, All!
> I am playing DF LW on a Win 98SE box with plenty of ram and processing
> power. I also installed win98 plus a little while ago. Whenever I play any
> of the DF games, they suddenly just blink and then they are gone. I am
right
> back to the desktop. Any ideas?

Let me guess your sound card is one of the soundblaster live series.

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

I had this problem until I removed my firewall program, BlackIce
Defender.

regards

VA

On Fri, 7 May 2004 21:36:50 -0400, "PC By Design"
<pcbydesign@comcast.net> wrote:

>Hello, All!
>I am playing DF LW on a Win 98SE box with plenty of ram and processing
>power. I also installed win98 plus a little while ago. Whenever I play any
>of the DF games, they suddenly just blink and then they are gone. I am right
>back to the desktop. Any ideas?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Hi

The game is on your task bar, just click on it to activate it again.

Regards
"PC By Design" <pcbydesign@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello, All!
> I am playing DF LW on a Win 98SE box with plenty of ram and processing
> power. I also installed win98 plus a little while ago. Whenever I play any
> of the DF games, they suddenly just blink and then they are gone. I am
right
> back to the desktop. Any ideas?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Hi

I need a key for DFLW or DFTFD if u not using your to play online.
Appreciate