Sign in with
Your question

Help application error 0xc000007b

Last response: in Windows 7
August 10, 2010 11:36:15 AM

APPCRASH
Error 0xc000007b
application did not start up correctly.
I started to have problems when i installed google desktop, since i downloaded the pack, came with google chrome. but i didnt want that, but it installed while running it i try to install google chrome beta version, which failed to download said installing , but than said error, Than i uninstall all google related and , rebooted installed google by it self AND than i get a erro code 0xc000007b which is app didnt start correctly. and other exe. programs too.
August 10, 2010 11:50:29 AM

YellowFlash said:
APPCRASH
Error 0xc000007b
application did not start up correctly.
I started to have problems when i installed google desktop, since i downloaded the pack, came with google chrome. but i didnt want that, but it installed while running it i try to install google chrome beta version, which failed to download said installing , but than said error Than i uninstall all google related and , rebooted installed google by it self AND than i get a erro code 0xc000007b which is app didnt start correctly. and other exe. programs too.

^
I even try deleted my harddrive formated it and reinstalled window 7 and still no luck
August 18, 2010 11:24:39 PM

Have you updated your video card drivers? That solves this problem sometimes.

Here's how - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-dr...

If that's not the solution, I would uninstall Chrome.

Reboot your computer. Now try again and see if the application will install correctly.

- Jake

Windows Outreach Team
Related resources
August 19, 2010 11:39:15 AM

oh yea fixed the problem all i did was install avg antivirus thing, took out virus and some other things, and my exe. programs started to work again. some really bad virus were the cause of it. in system 32,

Off topic
but avg is really good it heals ur programs or removes like remove the virus with the program and than when a virus cant be remove u click on power treat it removes it Or Heal but cause u to reboot i think avg is really great.

But b4 i did what he said, i reinstalled window 7 and stuff no luck uninstalled google chrome and no luck when installed, my solution was avg antivirus anyone with this problem should try it.

but thanks
August 19, 2010 9:43:04 PM

Glad you fixed things for yourself. Thanks for clarifying how your problem was solved.

- Jake

Windows Outreach Team
!