alcialynnd

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
So recently i bought red alert 2 because i lost my red alert one and really liked the game. when i got it i downloaded it and everything went fine.

Then the 1st time i tryed to start it up it'll get tp the part where theres a black screen for a secound before the like 'main menu screen?' and it wont get past that. Its not like my computers frozen because i can minimize it and do other things. Its just like it keeps thinking forever.

I've redownloaded it a couple times and that didnt work. I dont think it has anything to do with the windows 95 thing because i've tryed downloading it and running it in that mode and it did not work. When i down load it it always says can not make direct sound connection, procced anyways? becaause my speakers dont work.but i dont see how that could stop the whole game from working

If you have any ideas please tell me

samgwise

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
hi
I get a problem on my pc when running yuris revenge(ra2s expansion) that is similar to this.
when ever it goes to load somthing it does a similar thing as mentioned above.
I know this is a crazy fix for the problem, but I found that ejecting my cd drive and then putting it back in solves the problem.
My theorie to why this works is that since I'm runing it off an image(I kill too many cds) and my hard drives are sata, the program doesn't dettect any activity over the IDE bus. This may be a copie protection system or somthing, it is an old game so it may also be somthing to do with it being a primarily 9x(win 95, 98 ) based app.
Another Idea to why that I just had is it may be checking the load on the IDE bus to collect data on when it's going to be done loading posibly.
and so when theres no IDE activity...you get the picture.
other wise keep trieing to get it to work, it is a GREAT game, many hours spent on it.
oh and it shouldn't need to be in compatability mode, atleast it doesn't on my win xp machine.

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
So recently i bought red alert 2 because i lost my red alert one and really liked the game. when i got it i downloaded it and everything went fine.

Then the 1st time i tryed to start it up it'll get tp the part where theres a black screen for a secound before the like 'main menu screen?' and it wont get past that. Its not like my computers frozen because i can minimize it and do other things. Its just like it keeps thinking forever.

I've redownloaded it a couple times and that didnt work. I dont think it has anything to do with the windows 95 thing because i've tryed downloading it and running it in that mode and it did not work. When i down load it it always says can not make direct sound connection, procced anyways? becaause my speakers dont work.but i dont see how that could stop the whole game from working

If you have any ideas please tell me

First off what version of windows are you running? Try disabling sound all together and see if that works. I assume by "downloading" you mean installing, When you start the game up, it says "warning military software dectected" or something of the sort. I know personally on my win xp machine it takes it a little while sometimes to start up because it has issues with win xp. It prefers 98 but it will work you just need to give it time.

TRENDING THREADS