3589i Battery Power?

So I've had my Nokia 3589i now for a little over a week and notice the
battery is considerably weaker than what the specs say. I expected to
see some dropoff, of course, because their tests are "at best" and done
in a labratory or whatever. But they said stand by time is up to 200
hours. Great, so I was hoping for maybe 100 hours (4 days) of the
battery handling just sitting without any calls made.

I've tried charging it for as many as 8 hours in a row to get it to
absolutely full juice, and then let it sit without using it hardly at
all (maybe have it on for 1 minute to see if I have any messages, but no
calls at all) and I haven't done better than 24-36 hours before its
completely dead again.

Is this normal with everyone's 3589i or do I have a lemon of a battery?
I'm still within 15 days of signing up so I assume I can get an
exchanged battery from the local Verizon store if needed, right?

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:36:42 -0500, Scott Henrichs
<scott_henrichs@charter.net> wrote:

> So I've had my Nokia 3589i now for a little over a week and notice the
> battery is considerably weaker than what the specs say.

No great suprise, as Nokia knowingly lied about battery capacity.
They advertised a 1000 mAH battery, but many 3590's were actually
shipped with 850 mAH ones. Just one of many advertised capabilities
which they did not deliver. Good RF performance, though.

The Dr offers: did anyone suggestion you condition your lit-ion battery?

Battery info: best/max life if you 1st condition your battery. Charge it
and use it till it nearly stops three times. You've now conditioned your
lith-ion battery. You shouldn't really have to do this, but if you do, you
get the max capacity out of your battery. Also, while you didn't ask, a
typical battery is good for about 300 charge/discharge cycles. If you get
more great, if you get less, complain.

Hey, it's not like I'm an electrical engineer... wait, I am an electrical
engineer. We suggest the conditioning and it sure won't hurt. If your
battery is delivering less, take it back, ask for a replacement. It could
be the phone, battery or charger. But don't accept less than you were
"spec'ed". You only want what they offered to you, nothing more, but
certainly, nothing less. We have had no complaints on 3589i battery life,
but your mileage may vary.

--
Dr. wireMORE (don't accept "less", demand "more")
Wireless Consultant/Engineer & Midwest VZW Master Agent

If you need specific help, leave your email address & we'll try to contact
you.
"Mark Allread" <mallread@flatsurface.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:36:42 -0500, Scott Henrichs
> <scott_henrichs@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > So I've had my Nokia 3589i now for a little over a week and notice the
> > battery is considerably weaker than what the specs say.
>
> No great suprise, as Nokia knowingly lied about battery capacity.
> They advertised a 1000 mAH battery, but many 3590's were actually
> shipped with 850 mAH ones. Just one of many advertised capabilities
> which they did not deliver. Good RF performance, though.

Andrew

[...]

As the other guy suggested, fully discharge your battery a time or two
before re-charging it. Also, you may want to turn your phone OFF
while charging (my old Nokia's manual suggested this).

My 3589i's battery does last a few days without charging, certainly 2
days minimum, more like 3 or 4, on standby.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----