new user accounts/ internet access

April 4, 2004 4:54:36 PM

Have decided to set up window opening page where kids have
their own log on accounts. Did this successfully, BUT kids
can't access the internet(dialup) from their own account,
only mine.why? Can't you have 4 access acounts on 1
computer, with 4 different users, with 1 ISP for dialup?
April 4, 2004 6:02:08 PM

When you established the extra accounts did you also setup each browser's
connection parameters?

"madeline" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have decided to set up window opening page where kids have
> their own log on accounts. Did this successfully, BUT kids
> can't access the internet(dialup) from their own account,
> only mine.why? Can't you have 4 access acounts on 1
> computer, with 4 different users, with 1 ISP for dialup?
Anonymous
April 5, 2004 1:19:46 PM

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 12:54:36 -0700, madeline wrote:

> Have decided to set up window opening page where kids have
> their own log on accounts. Did this successfully, BUT kids
> can't access the internet(dialup) from their own account,
> only mine.why? Can't you have 4 access acounts on 1
> computer, with 4 different users, with 1 ISP for dialup?

Log on to you account. Go to Network Connections. Double click the icon for
your ISP connection. Towards the bottom, move the dot from "only me" to
"all users." Click OK. NOTE: This does not work if the network connection
item is for AOL. If using AOL, contact their technical support.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User