Missing NVRAM details in Boot-up Screen

April 5, 2004 1:32:11 AM

Normally , when I re-boot into XP Pro I get the intial " DOS-TYPE"
screen which states :-
" Checking NV RAM ...."

this being follwed by the numerical amount of NV RAM , ( In my case
512 Mbtes ) ,

Recently this statement , ( Checking NV RAM..." ) , has left a blank
immediately after this statement and does not list the numerical
amount of NV RAM which has not changed from 512 Mbtes.

In spite of this change , the PC seems to boot and behave normally.

Can anyone suggest why this omission is occurring ?

B.N.
Anonymous
April 5, 2004 1:32:12 AM

You can go to the board mfg site or whoever made the computer,BIOS
updates,download the latest version,have a floppy already formated in DOS,
double click the dwnload,send to floppy,restart computer,flash the BIOS update.
After its thru,enter BIOS,select exit page,select,load set-up defaults,then save changes and
exit.If youve added a video card,re-enter BIOS,set display adapter accordingly,then save
and exit.
!