Installed programs do not appear on startup menus

When I install a program it does not appear on my user
startup menu but does appear on my Alluser startup menu.
What can I do to fix this? Is there an administrative
right not set correctly or is there something that has to
be done with my user profile?
3 answers Last reply
More about installed programs startup menus

    R.click the icon in all programs,select,pin to start-menu.

    When I r.click on the startmenu in all programs, in either
    regular xp view or classic view, I don't see "pin to
    start-menu". Where would I find what you are talking
    about. I even tried this in explorer.

    Hi there...
    Be sure you check the User directory in Control Panel...click on your
    name if you are administrator and check to see you are in fact checked
    there to be the system's admin.
    Also...when installing a program...as you continue to follow-through in
    installation, be sure the path is correct if you are installing as an
    admin.
    ie:, If your main drive is C,
    make sure the program path specified during install is:
    C:\Program Files\name of the program or folder - name of the program

    Also...if you have programs last used appearing on the left when you
    click start...you can then right click to pin to start menu.
    You can specify how many programs show up here by doing this:
    Right click on an empty area of the taskbar
    Click Properties
    Click the Start Menu tab on the window that opens
    Click the Customize button
    Where it says "Number of Programs on StartMenu...add any number you want
    in here.
    Click ok...then apply and ok.

    Recently opened programs will then show up to the left when you click on
    start. It is from there you can right-click and pin to the start menu.
    Also..you can right-click and remove the recent entries there as well.
    Take Care...
    Dee

    Isandrs wrote:

    > When I install a program it does not appear on my user
    > startup menu but does appear on my Alluser startup menu.
    > What can I do to fix this? Is there an administrative
    > right not set correctly or is there something that has to
    > be done with my user profile?

Microsoft Windows XP