Unable to place icon on taskbar

In the pst I have been able to drag program icons to the
Taskbar for future quick launching. I am unable to do
that now.
If I drag an icon to the task bar I just get the "not
allowed" icon.

Any suggestions.
Thanks

Right Click on the task bar and make sure that it's not
locked.....

In addition:

Reset Taskbar to defaults: Taskbar, Notification Area repair Tool:

Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell

http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
http://www.mvps.org