User profile cannot be loaded

April 5, 2004 1:01:29 AM

Quite some time ago I created a limited user account for
my kids, but later deleted it. Now I have created the
account again, but when logging into it, a message
displays saying that the "profile cannot be loaded and
check that you are connected to the network or network is
functioning correctly. Detail - The system cannot find
the file specified."

If the account is changed to an administrator account,
the message is much the same, but the detail is -
"Windows cannot load the user's profile"

Both messges have a countdown timer and then revert back
to main Welcome screen. I don't have any troubles with
the main administrator account though. Help .... This is
frustrating!!

More about : user profile loaded

April 5, 2004 3:12:12 PM

Hi Deb...
Try this:
Right click My Computer on the desktop and click properties.
Click the Advanced Tab
Under User Profiles, click Settings.
You'll see a list of profiles stored on the computer.
Click to highlight and delete any other profile you see there except
yours.
Reboot and then go to the User Directory in control panel and create new
user accounts if you wish.
Post back and let us know if that worked for you.
Take Care...
Dee