User profile cannot be loaded

Quite some time ago I created a limited user account for
my kids, but later deleted it. Now I have created the
account again, but when logging into it, a message
displays saying that the "profile cannot be loaded and
check that you are connected to the network or network is
functioning correctly. Detail - The system cannot find
the file specified."

If the account is changed to an administrator account,
the message is much the same, but the detail is -
"Windows cannot load the user's profile"

Both messges have a countdown timer and then revert back
to main Welcome screen. I don't have any troubles with
the main administrator account though. Help .... This is
frustrating!!
1 answer Last reply
More about user profile loaded

    Hi Deb...
    Try this:
    Right click My Computer on the desktop and click properties.
    Click the Advanced Tab
    Under User Profiles, click Settings.
    You'll see a list of profiles stored on the computer.
    Click to highlight and delete any other profile you see there except
    yours.
    Reboot and then go to the User Directory in control panel and create new
    user accounts if you wish.
    Post back and let us know if that worked for you.
    Take Care...
    Dee

    Deb wrote:

    > Quite some time ago I created a limited user account for
    > my kids, but later deleted it. Now I have created the
    > account again, but when logging into it, a message
    > displays saying that the "profile cannot be loaded and
    > check that you are connected to the network or network is
    > functioning correctly. Detail - The system cannot find
    > the file specified."
    >
    > If the account is changed to an administrator account,
    > the message is much the same, but the detail is -
    > "Windows cannot load the user's profile"
    >
    > Both messges have a countdown timer and then revert back
    > to main Welcome screen. I don't have any troubles with
    > the main administrator account though. Help .... This is
    > frustrating!!

Microsoft Windows XP