HKEY....how to access

How do I get to...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACINE etc
I have been there before but can`t remember how to

thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about hkey access

    Juco wrote:

    > How do I get to...
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACINE etc
    > I have been there before but can`t remember how to
    >

    > thanks

    They are in the Windows Registry. Run Regedit.

    > How do I get to...
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACINE etc
    > I have been there before but can`t remember how to

    (CMD)
    Regedit
    regedt32 ???

    Greets
    Marc

    mgesch@lycos.de

    Hi there...
    Click Start, Run, and type in:
    regedit
    In the left-hand pane...click the plus or minus signs in front of each
    reference there to collapse the entries.
    You'll then see under My Computer the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.
    Take Care...
    Dee

    Juco wrote:

    > How do I get to...
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACINE etc
    > I have been there before but can`t remember how to
    >
    > thanks

    Thanks all.
    now got it sorted

    Juco

    "Dee" <geedee@ptd.net> wrote in message news:4071760E.CD8E391D@ptd.net...
    > Hi there...
    > Click Start, Run, and type in:
    > regedit
    > In the left-hand pane...click the plus or minus signs in front of each
    > reference there to collapse the entries.
    > You'll then see under My Computer the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.
    > Take Care...
    > Dee
    >
    > Juco wrote:
    >
    > > How do I get to...
    > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACINE etc
    > > I have been there before but can`t remember how to
    > >
    > > thanks

Microsoft Windows XP