deleting problem

When trying to delete a couple of game demos using *add or remove*, a box
appears stating : "could not open INSTALL.LOG FILE." I tried uninstalling
them using the uninstall utility within their own folders but I get the same
message. The INSTALL.LOG FILES are there and can be opened when clicked on,
but for reasons unknown to me the computer can't open them.

So can anyone aid me in deleting these files, or a solution to fix the
problem?

--
Regards
p.mc

For personal replies please leave or type signature
"p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
posts will not be received.
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about deleting problem

    p.mc wrote:
    > When trying to delete a couple of game demos using *add or remove*, a
    > box appears stating : "could not open INSTALL.LOG FILE." I tried
    > uninstalling them using the uninstall utility within their own
    > folders but I get the same message. The INSTALL.LOG FILES are there
    > and can be opened when clicked on, but for reasons unknown to me the
    > computer can't open them.
    >
    > So can anyone aid me in deleting these files, or a solution to fix the
    > problem?

    Try reinstalling and then uninstall. It may be a terminology thing, but you
    rarely or never "delete" a program or application. You must run uninstall to
    properly remove all folders, files and registry settings.

    --

    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

    G'Day "p.mc",

    NO VERSION of Windows since Windows 3.0/3.1 has
    included a true DOS.

    Beginning with Windows 95, there was a "DOS Box" that
    identified itself as DOS v7.0 - but it was a DOS emulator.

    Since then then the DOS emulator has been through a number
    of incarnations to support people such as yourself.

    Each incarnation 'retires' more DOS functionality.
    --
    Regards,
    Pat Garard

    ______________________________________

    "Michael Stevens" <Mstevens@bogusmvps.org> wrote in message
    > p.mc wrote:
    > > When trying to delete a couple of game demos using *add or remove*, a
    > > box appears stating : "could not open INSTALL.LOG FILE." I tried
    > > uninstalling them using the uninstall utility within their own
    > > folders but I get the same message. The INSTALL.LOG FILES are there
    > > and can be opened when clicked on, but for reasons unknown to me the
    > > computer can't open them.
    > >
    > > So can anyone aid me in deleting these files, or a solution to fix the
    > > problem?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    > xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
    > http://michaelstevenstech.com
    > For a better newsgroup experience. Setup a newsreader.
    > http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
    >

    > Try reinstalling and then uninstall. It may be a terminology thing, but
    you
    > rarely or never "delete" a program or application. You must run uninstall
    > properly remove all folders, files and registry settings.

    Reinstall didn't work so I highlighted the files deleted them then deleted
    the folder, I then removed the folder from the uninstall folder in the
    registry.
    Would that be alright. or have I done a bad thing?

    --
    Regards
    p.mc

    For personal replies please leave or type signature
    "p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
    posts will not be received.
    Thanks

Windows XP