reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
ok, i need to get higher voltages out of my abit th7-II board. first of all, will the bios38 give me higher voltage options? seocnd of all how do i flash? i downloaded the file and it inflated into a few files, do i just boot into dos and run the exe or do i need another program? is there a chance that i can [-peep-] up my computer?

repeat after me, we are all individuals!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
there should be instructions somewhere on the web page you got the bios file from, usualy you run a program with a couple switches (filname and such. if the power goes out or somthing goes bad you can mess it up, you will just have to get a new chip or have some one with a eprom thingy flash it.

you shot who in the what now?

reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
it is very logical to think that a website that has the bios would also give directions bu on the abit website i was unable to find it in the FAQ.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I can email you the Abit Windows flasher if you want.

jwfatburger@attbi.com

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
i did the flash ok. the only problem is that i was under the impression that the newest 38 bios would let me increase my voltage and fix the wierd problems i have been having, it didn't. if anyone is interested in the problems i have been having with my computer(it'll give you somehting to do and laugh about) then it's posted in the cpu over clock section titled "th7II and p4 ocers" or something along those lines.