xp service pack

Hi,
Yesterday I downloaded and installed the service pack 2.
Now in the control panel,there are 2 network connection icons.
And they both work. How do I remove one of them?
I have windows xp pro with service pack 2 installed.
Thanks in advance.
Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

papa

You installed a Beta, and now you are encountering problems? No big surprise
there. Your best bet is to un-install it immediately.

"mctiger" <wmckeeby@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Yesterday I downloaded and installed the service pack 2.
> Now in the control panel,there are 2 network connection icons.
> And they both work. How do I remove one of them?
> I have windows xp pro with service pack 2 installed.
> Thanks in advance.
> Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

Tip to uninstall this beta. Go to control Panel->Add and Remove Programs.
There is a check box at the top of the window to show installed Windows
Components. check it and you should see the option to remove SP2.

--

Harry Ohrn - MS MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote in message
> You installed a Beta, and now you are encountering problems? No big
surprise
> there. Your best bet is to un-install it immediately.
>
> "mctiger" <wmckeeby@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Yesterday I downloaded and installed the service pack 2.
> > Now in the control panel,there are 2 network connection icons.
> > And they both work. How do I remove one of them?
> > I have windows xp pro with service pack 2 installed.
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

newsgroups

"mctiger" <wmckeeby@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Yesterday I downloaded and installed the service pack 2.
> Now in the control panel,there are 2 network connection icons.
> And they both work. How do I remove one of them?
> I have windows xp pro with service pack 2 installed.
> Thanks in advance.
> Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

You should be aware that you have not downloaded SP2 - you downloaded the
Release Candidate of SP2, a still in test and possible buggy test release.
If you are having issue then either post to the appropriate newsgroups to
support the Preview Release at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx

If you are having problems please de install the SP2 Preview and continue to
use Windows Update until we releases the final Service Pack.

--
Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"mctiger" <wmckeeby@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Yesterday I downloaded and installed the service pack 2.
> Now in the control panel,there are 2 network connection icons.
> And they both work. How do I remove one of them?
> I have windows xp pro with service pack 2 installed.
> Thanks in advance.
> Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:18:17 +0100, "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]"
<mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>newsgroups

Where is the proper news group in agent then?

>You should be aware that you have not downloaded SP2 - you downloaded the
>Release Candidate of SP2, a still in test and possible buggy test release.
>If you are having issue then either post to the appropriate newsgroups to
>support the Preview Release at
>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx
>
>If you are having problems please de install the SP2 Preview and continue to
>use Windows Update until we releases the final Service Pack.
There is only one problem. In the control panel there are now
two Network Connection icons. How do you remove one of them?
That's all the problem that I have. otherwise it is good!
Thanks for your responses.
>--
>Regards,
>
>Mike

Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

Go to the page I posted the link to
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx

Click the link to go to the newsgroups (web edition) and the read the top of
the window about how to add to the groups to a newsreader (notice the scroll
bar).

--
Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:18:17 +0100, "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]"
> <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
> >newsgroups
> >
> Where is the proper news group in agent then?
> >
> >You should be aware that you have not downloaded SP2 - you downloaded the
> >Release Candidate of SP2, a still in test and possible buggy test
release.
> >If you are having issue then either post to the appropriate newsgroups to
> >support the Preview Release at
> >http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx
> >
> >If you are having problems please de install the SP2 Preview and continue
> >use Windows Update until we releases the final Service Pack.
> There is only one problem. In the control panel there are now
> two Network Connection icons. How do you remove one of them?
> That's all the problem that I have. otherwise it is good!
> Thanks for your responses.
> >--
> >Regards,
> >
> >Mike
>
> Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

correction the check box says "show updates". Make certain it is checked and
you should be able to uninstall SP2

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

> Tip to uninstall this beta. Go to control Panel->Add and Remove Programs.
> There is a check box at the top of the window to show installed Windows
> Components. check it and you should see the option to remove SP2.
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn - MS MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote in message
>> You installed a Beta, and now you are encountering problems? No big
> surprise
>> there. Your best bet is to un-install it immediately.
>>
>> "mctiger" <wmckeeby@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > Yesterday I downloaded and installed the service pack 2.
>> > Now in the control panel,there are 2 network connection icons.
>> > And they both work. How do I remove one of them?
>> > I have windows xp pro with service pack 2 installed.
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> > Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

Hi,
Thank you all for the info. and Help.

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:03:03 GMT, mctiger wrote:

> Where is the proper news group in agent then?

If you go to the page Mike gave the URL for, there are directions there for
setting up a news reader for the SP2 newsgroups.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

TRENDING THREADS