FASH.EXE ERROR

I get a message when I log on saying
FASH.EXE not found & MFC70.DLL missing Reload
the program to fix.Doe's anyone know
what this means.

Thanks for your help.

John

Hi,

Fash.exe sounds like a parasite or virus. It may be that your AV software
did its job and removed the infecting agent, it just didn't remove the
reference that was loading it. Start/run msinfo32, expand the software
environment and click on the startup programs. See where it is loading from,
as this is where you will need to go to remove it. Please post back with the
startup location if you need further assistance with this.

Mfc70.dll is a file that may have been supplied by a program you installed
to support its function. You need to isolate which program loading is
calling for it, then probably reinstall that program. This article can help
you do just that:

How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP [Q310560]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"John.G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get a message when I log on saying
> FASH.EXE not found & MFC70.DLL missing Reload
> the program to fix.Doe's anyone know
> what this means.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> John

"John.G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I get a message when I log on saying
>FASH.EXE not found & MFC70.DLL missing Reload
>the program to fix.Doe's anyone know
>what this means.

Check your startup settings to find out what is causing this.
Applications that start with Windows can be found here:
- the WIN.INI, section [windows], entries "run=" and "load="
- the Registry keys
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
- the folders
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\{username}\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
See also "How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows
XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).
Also check your system with Ad-aware (http://www.lavasoft.de) as this
EXE may be spyware.