seth

well i seem to have another problem. there has been a
thing popping up lately that says "Generic Host Process
for Win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to
close."....
szAppName : svchost.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.0
szModName : unknown
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000 (this is the
error report)

also many times, ive been getting a notice that comes up
saying that im going to be kicked by the
NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM..
and then it says below it that the remote procedure call
has terminated unexpectedly..
and then i restarts my computer after 1 min..
actually its doing it right now....

bahh help

There are thousands of nasty computer viruses/worms looking for unprotected
computers. Your computer can be infected within a few milliseconds the moment
an internet connection is established if your computer is not properly secured.

Apparently, your computer is now infected with the W32.Blaster.Worm or one of its variants.
This happened because you have not been using an internet connection firewall and have
apparently neglected to install the critical updates available at the Windows Update website.

If your computer is constantly attempting to shutdown
or reboot, quickly go to:

Start > Run and type: CMD , and hit enter.
This opens the Command Prompt window.

Then type: shutdown -a , and hit enter.

This should halt the rebooting problem.

Then immediately turn-on Windows XP's built-in Firewall:

Special note if you use AOL:

America Online installs its own connection settings that override
the ones that come with Windows XP. America Online's
connection settings don't include a way to turn on Windows XP's
built-in firewall.

Visit the following web site for instructions on downloading
a FREE firewall program for your computer.

Ref: http://www.updatexp.com/free.html

What You Should Know About the Blaster Worm and Its Variants

A tool is available to remove Blaster worm and Nachi worm infections from computers
that are running Windows 2000 or Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=833330

MS03-039: A Buffer Overrun in RPCSS Could Allow
an Attacker to Run Malicious Programs

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User