driver errors and +

How would I find out wich driver is giving an error. I just upgraded from ME, XP works great but I get serious errors caused by a driver. I've done the compatibility check everything is fine. I've also updated. Error reporting still happening.
I also have a hard time keeping norton internet security working. Lots of errors appear and driver errors I end up using system restore. Can anyone help get this pc stable?
Thanks THANKS!!!!
in advance
dakart
4 answers Last reply
More about driver errors

    Hello
    Do you have any error codes or anything to describe the error you are
    receiving.

    Need more info. before we can track down the cause.

    --
    Hope This Helps
    Haus

    On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 19:16:04 -0700, dakart wrote:

    > How would I find out wich driver is giving an error. I just upgraded from ME, XP works great but I get serious errors caused by a driver. I've done the compatibility check everything is fine. I've also updated. Error reporting still happening.
    > I also have a hard time keeping norton internet security working. Lots of errors appear and driver errors I end up using system restore. Can anyone help get this pc stable?
    > Thanks THANKS!!!!
    > in advance
    > dakart

    Take a look in Event Viewer. Many errors and other system info is recorded
    here. You might find a mention of a driver file or driver problem there.

    Start> Run> eventvwr.msc will open Event Viewer. Double click on any item
    in the right hand column to read more details.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    the error codess are BCCode:d1 BCP1:00000000 BCP2:00000002 BCP3:00000000 BCP4:00000000 OSCVer:5_1_2600 SP:1_0 Product:768_1
    I send report but windows cannot fix driver device error.
    Thanks again.
    Dakart.

    ----- Haus wrote: -----

    Hello
    Do you have any error codes or anything to describe the error you are
    receiving.

    Need more info. before we can track down the cause.

    --
    Hope This Helps
    Haus
    Not a MS-MVP
    Not a MVP
    Not nothing, just a good ole boy.

    Hi,

    That error message indicates a driver issue. Troubleshooting it can be
    lengthy. Check that your hardware and the drivers for it meet the
    compatibility list:

    ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/services/whql/hcl/winxphclx86.txt

    More on these stop errors and additional steps you can take:

    Troubleshooting a Stop 0x0000000A Error in Windows XP [Q314063]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314063

    HOW TO: Perform Advanced Clean-Boot Troubleshooting in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316434

    How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP [Q310560]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

    --
    Best of Luck,

    Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "dakart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > the error codess are BCCode:d1 BCP1:00000000 BCP2:00000002
    > BCP3:00000000 BCP4:00000000 OSCVer:5_1_2600 SP:1_0 Product:768_1
    > I send report but windows cannot fix driver device error.
    > Thanks again.
    > Dakart.
    >
    > ----- Haus wrote: -----
    >
    > Hello
    > Do you have any error codes or anything to describe the error you are
    > receiving.
    >
    > Need more info. before we can track down the cause.
    >
    > --
    > Hope This Helps
    > Haus
    > Not a MS-MVP