driver errors and +

How would I find out wich driver is giving an error. I just upgraded from ME, XP works great but I get serious errors caused by a driver. I've done the compatibility check everything is fine. I've also updated. Error reporting still happening.
I also have a hard time keeping norton internet security working. Lots of errors appear and driver errors I end up using system restore. Can anyone help get this pc stable?
Thanks THANKS!!!!
in advance
dakart

Hello
Do you have any error codes or anything to describe the error you are
receiving.

Need more info. before we can track down the cause.

--
Hope This Helps
Haus

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 19:16:04 -0700, dakart wrote:

> How would I find out wich driver is giving an error. I just upgraded from ME, XP works great but I get serious errors caused by a driver. I've done the compatibility check everything is fine. I've also updated. Error reporting still happening.
> I also have a hard time keeping norton internet security working. Lots of errors appear and driver errors I end up using system restore. Can anyone help get this pc stable?
> Thanks THANKS!!!!
> in advance
> dakart

Take a look in Event Viewer. Many errors and other system info is recorded
here. You might find a mention of a driver file or driver problem there.

Start> Run> eventvwr.msc will open Event Viewer. Double click on any item
in the right hand column to read more details.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

the error codess are BCCode:d1 BCP1:00000000 BCP2:00000002 BCP3:00000000 BCP4:00000000 OSCVer:5_1_2600 SP:1_0 Product:768_1
I send report but windows cannot fix driver device error.
Thanks again.
Dakart.

----- Haus wrote: -----

Hello
Do you have any error codes or anything to describe the error you are
receiving.

Need more info. before we can track down the cause.

--
Hope This Helps
Haus
Not a MS-MVP
Not a MVP
Not nothing, just a good ole boy.

Hi,

That error message indicates a driver issue. Troubleshooting it can be
lengthy. Check that your hardware and the drivers for it meet the
compatibility list:

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/services/whql/hcl/winxphclx86.txt

More on these stop errors and additional steps you can take:

Troubleshooting a Stop 0x0000000A Error in Windows XP [Q314063]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314063

HOW TO: Perform Advanced Clean-Boot Troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316434

How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP [Q310560]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org