Dell UK website bust?

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,uk.comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Any chance somebody could try the following:

Open www.dell.co.uk
Click Small Business
Click Notebooks
Click Browse Latitudes
Click Details on 610
Click Customise and buy

I get an error message at the last bit:

----cut here----

We need you to adjust your order.

We're sorry, but we are unable to process your request to configure
the identified product. The link to the product you selected is temporarily
broken. This product should be accessible shortly. If time is of the
essence, we ask that you call us at 0870 907 4155 and talk to a sales
representative.

Please use your browser's "back" button to return to the previous page
and, if appropriate, make another selection.

----cut here----
Doesn't matter which Latitude I click on, I can't "Customise and buy"

Cheers, Rob.

begin 666 spacer.gif
K1TE&.#EA`0`!`(#_`,# P ```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P``
`
end

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Rob Nicholson wrote:

> Any chance somebody could try the following:
>
> Open www.dell.co.uk
> Click Small Business
> Click Notebooks
> Click Browse Latitudes
> Click Details on 610
> Click Customise and buy
>
> I get an error message at the last bit:
>
> ----cut here----
>
> We need you to adjust your order.
>
> We're sorry, but we are unable to process your request to configure
> the identified product. The link to the product you selected is temporarily
> broken. This product should be accessible shortly. If time is of the
> essence, we ask that you call us at 0870 907 4155 and talk to a sales
> representative.
>
> Please use your browser's "back" button to return to the previous page
> and, if appropriate, make another selection.
>
> ----cut here----
> Doesn't matter which Latitude I click on, I can't "Customise and buy"
>
> Cheers, Rob.
>
> [Image]

I gave it a try and got the same thing, "We need to adjust your order" etc.

Rob Nicholson wrote:

> Doesn't matter which Latitude I click on, I can't "Customise and buy"

I've had this happen more than once in the past on Dell's UK site.
I was only using it to get guide prices for a budget so it didn't
inconvenience me too much but it did strike me as unsatisfactory to
say the least.

Rob Nicholson wrote:
> Any chance somebody could try the following:
>
> Open www.dell.co.uk
> Click Small Business
> Click Notebooks
> Click Browse Latitudes
> Click Details on 610
> Click Customise and buy
>
> I get an error message at the last bit:
>
> ----cut here----
>
> We need you to adjust your order.
>

> We're sorry, but we are unable to process your request to configure
> the identified product. The link to the product you selected is temporarily
> broken. This product should be accessible shortly. If time is of the
> essence, we ask that you call us at 0870 907 4155 and talk to a sales
> representative.
>
> Please use your browser's "back" button to return to the previous page
> and, if appropriate, make another selection.
>

> ----cut here----
> Doesn't matter which Latitude I click on, I can't "Customise and buy"
>
> Cheers, Rob.

Yep, still duff here. Have you tried ringing them about it yet ?

--
Best Regards,
David Harris

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,uk.comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Same problem here.

"DH" <nowhere@nohow.com> wrote in message
> Rob Nicholson wrote:
>> Any chance somebody could try the following:
>>
>> Open www.dell.co.uk
>> Click Small Business
>> Click Notebooks
>> Click Browse Latitudes
>> Click Details on 610
>> Click Customise and buy
>>
>> I get an error message at the last bit:
>>
>> ----cut here----
>>
>> We need you to adjust your order.
>>

>> We're sorry, but we are unable to process your request to configure
>> the identified product. The link to the product you selected is
>> temporarily
>> broken. This product should be accessible shortly. If time is of the
>> essence, we ask that you call us at 0870 907 4155 and talk to a sales
>> representative.
>>
>> Please use your browser's "back" button to return to the previous
>> page
>> and, if appropriate, make another selection.
>>

>> ----cut here----
>> Doesn't matter which Latitude I click on, I can't "Customise and buy"
>>
>> Cheers, Rob.
>>

> Yep, still duff here. Have you tried ringing them about it yet ?
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> David Harris
> Please remove NOSPAM & demunge address to reply :-
> g8ina((at))NOSPAMblueyonder(dot)co(dot)uk

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,uk.comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

> Yep, still duff here. Have you tried ringing them about it yet ?

NO!!! I'll probably end up in India :) I tried the online chat but that
came up with a server error. Ho hum..

Rob.

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,uk.comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

> I've had this happen more than once in the past on Dell's UK site.
> I was only using it to get guide prices for a budget so it didn't
> inconvenience me too much but it did strike me as unsatisfactory to
> say the least.

It's been like this for nearly a week now I think. I wanted to check out the
options on the Latitude 610.

However, it's only the links via small business that are broken - medium
business works so we'll just pretend we're bigger.

But yes, rather bizarre for a primary internet only company. Sadly, my
impression of Dell is taking quite a hit recently.

Rob.