My Desktop looks like a Folder

April 7, 2004 3:34:57 PM

Hi,
My Desktop looks just like a folder there is a broad folder pane showing
folder details, other places, in fact just what you see when you open a
folder.
However the Big Big problem is folders con not be moved and files in the
folder can not be "draged and droped" when you move an item the No sign
moves with the file - the No sign is the circle with a diagonal line, like
the no entry, or no smoking sign - ( does it have a name?)
This folder view came about when I tried to save a picture from a web page
and hit the syncronise option without knowing what it did.
Many Thanks, Mike

More about : desktop folder

Anonymous
April 8, 2004 12:55:12 AM

Correct the Registry setting when the Common Tasks pane appears on the WinXP
Desktop.

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_des...
Tweaks and Fixes

Just guessing that this may be the problem. Hope it helps.

!