"seth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1998a01c41c8c$7d2e6c10$a101280a@phx.gbl...
| does anyone know how to get into bios?

Varies by manufacturer. Watch the screen as the computer boots. The key to
enter setup is often indicated.

Here are methods for popular makes;
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Billh

"seth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> does anyone know how to get into bios?

Not trying to be unkind but if you have to ask this question you should be
very careful about what you do when you get into the bios. However, there
typically is a "Restore Defaults" command that will get you back to working
if you screw something up.
Billh

seth wrote:
> does anyone know how to get into bios?

RTFM. This has nothing whatsoever to do with Windows.

seth

actually it does. im trying to get my c drive to format on
my new windows xp. and im trying to do it through my bios

You wouldn't format through the BIOS, you would do it by booting the WinXP
CD and formatting from a command prompt.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

> [...]

upon boot-up...press on the delete button repeatedly unti you find yourself
staring at the bios screen. this usually works. if not, then your bios
uses another key in order for you to get into it.

regards,
--
the email address from where this message has been sent from is unmonitored.
your replies may not be received. if you want to send a reply to this

seth wrote:
> [...]

Erm, no it doesn't. Windows has nothing whatsoever to do with the BIOS, just
as the BIOS has nothing whatsoever to do with Windows. And, in order to know
how to enter said BIOS, do as I suggested and RTFM! If you knew one iota
about computers you'd know that!

seth wrote:
> does anyone know how to get into bios?

If you have XP on your C drive then you cannot format it. Go buy a
computer book about XP. :-(

Greetings --

Only you know what motherboard and BIOS you have, so only you know
the answer to your question. ;-}

In the extremely unlikely event that your PC's manual doesn't
contain the needed information, try one or both of the following:

How do I access my computer's setup (BIOS)
http://www.iomega.com/support/documents/2157.html

Wim's BIOS Page
http://www.wimsbios.com/

Accessing Motherboard BIOS
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"seth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> does anyone know how to get into bios?

Greetings --

That's totally incorrect. Where'd you ever get such an idea?

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

DennisLazo.com wrote:
> upon boot-up...press on the delete button repeatedly unti you find yourself
> staring at the bios screen. this usually works. if not, then your bios
> uses another key in order for you to get into it.
>
> regards,

During boot up, look for the BIOS key in the POST. Try ESC, F1 or go to
the mfg web site. Joe R