anybody want this computer I give up?

April 7, 2004 1:26:04 PM

ok so I wasnt educated about computers when i decided to pick up a rebuilt one from my brothers friend and honestly im still am not.all i know is this thing has deleted its sound card .the display in msn exp[lorer is so big ,and if you go to c.p apperance and themes and changes that work for a good 5 mins about as long as it takes to go to new page.i need serious help may if there is some one kind enough to walk me thru it.misconfigurations all over the place nothing works right or the way its suppose i have a child that "supposively" got on and did all this damage.i dont know all i know is i dont want to hear "Service Pack"
thanks. elissa

More about : computer give

Anonymous
April 7, 2004 1:50:03 PM

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:26:04 -0700, elissa

>ok so I wasnt educated about computers when i decided to pick up a rebuilt one from my brothers friend and honestly im still am not.all i know is this thing has deleted its sound card .the display in msn exp[lorer is so big ,and if you go to c.p apperance and themes and changes that work for a good 5 mins about as long as it takes to go to new page.i need serious help may if there is some one kind enough to walk me thru it.misconfigurations all over the place nothing works right or the way its suppose i have a child that "supposively" got on and did all this damage.i dont know all i know is i dont want to hear "Service Pack"
> thanks. elissa
If possible get your brother's friend over to help you get it back to
its original configuration.
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 4:21:02 PM

Sounds like you should find someone you trust and do a remote application share and have them configure your system from wherever they are. I have configured systems in England, Ireland, Australia, Africa and South America from here in Canada. At any time you are watching and don't like what the person is doing you can simply click a button and block them or disconnect. This may be a good solution for you if you don't have any money and can't afford a techie. If you would like some help e:mail me. I do this kind of stuff all the time. {:~)
April 7, 2004 9:56:05 PM

I dont know if this will help, but it might be worth a try. Go to the Start button, Go to Programs, Go to Accessories, Go to System Tools, Go to System Restore then Click. Then Click on Restore my computer to an earlier time, click next, Then just follow the directions.. If that doesnt work, you can "undo" the restore in the same menu. Hope this helps.
April 8, 2004 12:06:10 AM

I'll take it! No seriously...how about reinstalling your
operating system?

!