Sign in with
Your question

asus A7V333 vs Gigabytes Ga-7vrxp

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 30, 2002 4:05:41 PM

i wanted to know if someone had experience with any of
these boards, does anyone got a gigabytes Ga-7vrxp ??
what would be your choice with and athlon xp 1600?

c ya!
April 30, 2002 7:24:55 PM

I have a friend that has the Gigabyte GA-7VRXP MOBO along with an Athlon XP 1900+, and 512MB PC3000 CAS2 DDR. He's had no problems at all with it and loves it. IMO Gigabyte is very stable, that's because they limit overclocking in the bios and have dual bios.

If you are completely addicted to overclocking through the roof, then you may want to try EPOX, or some mobo similar.

<i> If you buy a pre-packaged pc, shame on you </i> :wink:
May 1, 2002 3:33:14 AM

from what ive gleaned, both are very nice high performance motherboards, but the feature set of the asus is slightly better (at a higher price) and the asus is more overclock friendly.
course possibly the best overclock friendly kt333 board is the epox 8k3a

<font color=purple>Win ME Slayer. And PROUD of it!</font color=purple>
Related resources
May 1, 2002 12:32:10 PM

I have the asus a7v333 and it has worked beautifully since day 1. I'm not really into overclocking (basically because I know bugger all about it), but with my xp1900+ I'm prefectly happy.

One thing I can comment one - the hardware monitor on the a7v333 works!!! Thank God. Last night my wife moved a small book shelf beside the pc and restricted the air flow.

When the cpu temperature hit 75c the hardware monitor shutdown the system and powered off everything.

Additional fans are being purchased today.
Book shelf is taking a long walk of a short pier

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I accidentally blow your head off.......again?
May 1, 2002 12:48:08 PM

I have this Gigabite board, I love it.
Its very stable, and fast.

my 2 rubles.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 1, 2002 12:59:40 PM

hmm, you didnt fry your cpu without cooling @ 75°C ?

weird.

hey, im a newbie, keep it easy men. be cool and be patient. thanks. :) 
May 1, 2002 1:05:19 PM

i don't think you'd do much damage to the CPU until you hit above 90 C, having said that, i definately wouldn't let my AthlonXP 1900+ get above 75 C either :) 
May 1, 2002 5:18:30 PM

can anyone give me an overview of the "slightly better" features of the asus mobo ? are they worth the money ?

GzG

Nerun
May 1, 2002 8:20:46 PM

I have this board.....I love it. I'm having a hard time finding the 6 channel SPDIF connector though. It doesn't come with the motherboard. I copied this info in from Asus's web site.

The A7V333 incorporates VIA® KT333 chipset to support AMD® socket A processors and high-bandwidth PC2700 DDR (double data rate) memory. Loaded with additional features such as ATA133 RAID, USB 2.0 and 1394 ports, 6-channel hardware audio, as well as innovative ASUS thermal protection technologies, the A7V333 delivers optimum performance and value.

AMD Athlon XP Ready

Optimally designed for cutting-edge software applications of high-performance desktop systems, the AMD Athlon XP processor provides exceptional performance for 3D gaming, digital media, office productivity and overall computing.

ASUS C.O.P (CPU Overheating Protection)

ASUS C.O.P (CPU Overheating Protection) is a hardware protection circuit that automatically shuts down the system power before temperatures go high enough to permanently damage your CPU.

DDR333 (PC2700) Support

DDR333 (PC2700), the latest and fastest memory standard, supports bandwidth up to 2.7GB/s to provide enhanced performance for Athlon™ XP.

RAID ATA133 (optional)

Supporting the most advanced ATA133 hard drives with RAID 0 (striping) or RAID 1 (mirror), the onboard Promise 20276 RAID controller enables enhanced functionality and hard disk performance without the cost of additional add-on cards.

USB 2.0 Ready

USB 2.0 is the latest connectivity standard for next generation components and peripherals. Backward compatible with current USB 1.1 peripherals, USB 2.0 delivers transfer speeds up to 40 times faster at 480MB/s, for easy connectivity and ultra-fast data transfers.

ASUS Q-Fan

Constant, high-pitched noise generated from heatsink fans are a thing of the past thanks to ASUS Q-Fan™. The ASUS A7V333 with Q-Fan™ technology intelligently adjusts fan speeds according to system loading to ensure quiet, cool and efficient operation.

ASUS MyLogo™

ASUS MyLogo™ personalizes and adds style to your system with customizable boot logos.

6-Channel Audio (optional)

The A7V333 uses an onboard C-Media 8738 audio controller (on audio model only) that lets you enjoy high-quality 6-channel audio without having to buy advanced sound cards.

ASUS Reliability

All ASUS motherboards are designed and tested to meet the highest quality standards. Responsive customer support and frequent BIOS and driver updates ensure the fastest, most reliable performance. All ASUS motherboards are backed by a 3-year limited warranty.
May 1, 2002 9:02:12 PM

i already looked it up on the homepage, but thanks anyway.

does the q-fan work with every cooler? interresting would especialy be the boxed one from the processor (XP 2000,XP 2100).

thx

<b><font color=blue>GzG, Nerun</font color=blue></b>
The more i ask in here, the more puzzled i get ...
!