Browse With......

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

If I right click on an icon - eg. Recycle Bin, I am offered a small menu
(Open, Create Shortcut, etc). On this menu is "Browse With Paintshop Pro 7"

Much as I like PSP, I am not likely to want to use it to browse. How can I
change this to Explorer? - or get rid of the option to Browse?

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 18:13:54 +0100, John wrote:

> If I right click on an icon - eg. Recycle Bin, I am offered a small menu
> (Open, Create Shortcut, etc). On this menu is "Browse With Paintshop Pro 7"
>
> Much as I like PSP, I am not likely to want to use it to browse. How can I
> change this to Explorer? - or get rid of the option to Browse?

Try that right click on a folder full of images. It's usefulness will then
be apparent.

To remove this from your right click menu, open the registry editor and
search for the phrase "Browse with Paintshop Pro 7." Delete any occurrence
that you find. You may want to export the data to REG files before
deleting. Check Regedit's help file for more information about exporting
and importing.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

Easiest way is to delete the recycle bin and then create a new one.
"John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> If I right click on an icon - eg. Recycle Bin, I am offered a small menu
> (Open, Create Shortcut, etc). On this menu is "Browse With Paintshop Pro 7"
>
> Much as I like PSP, I am not likely to want to use it to browse. How can I
> change this to Explorer? - or get rid of the option to Browse?
>

> --
>

> Regards
>
> John
>

> ---
> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

It is also there with "My Computer" and some other icons.

--

Regards

John

"Unknown" <Unknown@Somewhere.Kom> wrote in message
> Easiest way is to delete the recycle bin and then create a new one.
> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> > If I right click on an icon - eg. Recycle Bin, I am offered a small menu
> > (Open, Create Shortcut, etc). On this menu is "Browse With Paintshop Pro
7"

> > Much as I like PSP, I am not likely to want to use it to browse. How can
> > change this to Explorer? - or get rid of the option to Browse?
> >

> > --
> >

> > Regards
> >
> > John
> >

> > ---
> > All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

I am replying to my own question, where is the recycle bin on my desktop? Thanks to whoever wrote in microsoft's support address. I looked there and found the answer: If Norton Antivirus is installed, the name below the recycle bin changes to "Norton Protected Recycle Bin" and only "Norton Protected..." appears on the desktop cuz the name is too long. Found it.