Sign in with
Your question

Enterprise Chat/Video Solutions Needed.

Last response: in Business Computing
November 26, 2012 5:12:55 PM

Hello all. My business is expanding and I am looking for something like Google Apps, but more professional. The problem with Google is that our employees have figured out how to go off the record and chat with others. I need a system where I can designate who can talk to who. (For example, while we are all 1 company, we dont need employees in KS chatting with employees in CO, MO, OK, etc.) I need to be able to control and log as much as possible.

I like Google Apps, but I can't control what I need to control. I do need email, chat, video, drive, all that stuff. I have looked at Microsoft 365, but I do not know what kind of admin controls there are.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions?
November 26, 2012 5:39:27 PM

Microsoft Communicator.
November 26, 2012 5:45:47 PM

or MS Lync, its the replacement for communicator. you can get it through office 365, but then you'll be buying email too, although it does integrate well.
Related resources
November 30, 2012 1:32:32 PM

13thmonkey said:
or Microsoft Lync, its the replacement for communicator. you can get it through office 365, but then you'll be buying email too, although it does integrate well.

365 is perfect for such problems. :wahoo: 
December 3, 2012 12:32:25 PM

Microsoft 365 would do you well since it integrates with e-mail and offers the features you are looking for.

Additionally, consider this:
What VoIP solution are you using? Shoretel (for example) can use Microsoft Communicator Server in tandem with the Shoretel Client and has video conferencing capabilities. Naturally, everything can be logged.
!