I currently have Sprint coverage and have had it for many years. I travel
about 21 days a month throughout the entire USA and use my phone
extensively. My plan is also great, $85.00/month for 2000 anytime minutes,
shared between my wife's phone and mine, unlimited night and weekends and
also unlimited pcs (Sprint) to pcs minutes. I am really very happy with
Sprint but....

I really want a Blackberry Device and Sprint does not offer this option.
The Blackberry will give me my emails and the new one even allows opening
and working in attachment. Verizon, T-Mobile, Cingular and even AT & T
offer this device but not Sprint. I know that when I switch services I will
be paying quite a bit more per month but that is not the main point.
Rather, I am concerned just how good Verizon's coverage is throughout the
country. Sound quality is critical and the ability to pick up and maintain
a signal is also critical. From what I have heard, Verizon is one of the
best but I would appreciate any feedback from this newsgroup.

Also I would appreciate any feedback about the Blackberry.

Thanks,

Bruce D. Brown

"Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
[SNIP]
> Rather, I am concerned just how good Verizon's coverage is throughout the
> country. Sound quality is critical and the ability to pick up and
maintain
> a signal is also critical. From what I have heard, Verizon is one of the
> best but I would appreciate any feedback from this newsgroup.
>
> Also I would appreciate any feedback about the Blackberry.
[SNIP]

I've been using Blackberry a a corporate unit with Verizon for about 7
months. I have used it locally (eastern Idaho) and in Salt Lake, Seattle,
Washington DC, New York City, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Gainesville (FL). It is
an excellent, useful. tool. It is synchronized with our corporate email
servers (Lotus Notes) and this works well. I have never had any significant
or unusual signal problems (other than those attributable to building
constuction). Wherever I can get a Verizon signal, I can use the device. So,
as an email tool, it is excellent in my experience. I have also used it as a
telephone in each of these places and it has worked well. In short, I
recommend it as a business tool.

>Rather, I am concerned just how good Verizon's coverage is throughout the
>country.

in cities, its about the same as sprint--at least here in DC and up in NYC
and boston. both carriers have their weaknesses inside metal/concrete
buildings, in skyscraper 'valleys', etc from time to time, but when you are
in the boonies or an airport removed from the city it serves (cincinatti,
NYC, BWI, etc), verizon works better--and the verizon services have analog
for vists to the really romote areas. but that comes with a price as verizon
is also a bit more expensive.

as for customer service, people gripe on ALL newsgroups about their
carrier's customer service. i feel the major carriers are probably all 95%
adequate but theres always that 5% who are disgruntled who make all the
noise.

blackberry and verizon will be equal to or better than any other carrier it
goes up against. like them or not, verizon has the coverage. period.

rbh martin