OLIVERNO1

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2002
Hi Guys,
I,m in the market for a new DDR M/b and would like some advice as to which one to go for-I have my eye on the gigabyte GA-7DXR-and would like to know of any potential issues. I have about £90 english pounds to spend.

I am currently running a Gigabyte g-7zx/1G T/b and 384 of Crucial Sdram.

Any ideas as to possible performance gains?-I am going to be buying the same amount of DDR ram 2700 and running an XP 1800 Athlon.

Cheers

FatBurger

Illustrious
The 7DXR is a very good board, one of the most stable socket A boards on the planet, from what I hear. You might look at the MSI K7T266 Pro2 if you want USB2.0, or the Iwill XP333 if you want high overclockability. If you're a tweaker (not in the homosexual sense), then grab the Abit KR7a. If you want peace of mind, get the Asus A7V266 or A7V333. If you want an all-around good board with decent onboard sound and fruity PCI slots, check out the Soyo Dragon Plus. If you want a board that gets great reviews, but nobody in real life can get to work properly, get the Soltek Purple Ray. If you want a piece of utter crap, get the FIC board. If you want a budget board that allows SDRAM and DDR and is solid, get the ECS K7S5A. If you want a bit more in terms of overclocking or tweaking, but still a low price, check out the Leadtek SiS735 board.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>