Good Wireless soultion for Notebook PC ?

Hi!

Can you recommend me a good PCMCIA card for my laptop and a PCI card for my
PC for building a little WLAN network in my appartment? I just want to
connect my old IBM Thinkpad 600E to my main PC in an ad-hoc network and
share files, the internet, etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Cristian
3 answers Last reply
More about good wireless soultion notebook

    "YEAH" <YEAH@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > Hi!
    >
    > Can you recommend me a good PCMCIA card for my laptop and a PCI card
    > for my PC for building a little WLAN network in my appartment? I just
    > want to connect my old IBM Thinkpad 600E to my main PC in an ad-hoc
    > network and share files, the internet, etc. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Cristian

    The Linksys WPC11 I have had in my laptop for the last couple of years is
    still going.

    You should make sure you get cards from the same manufacturer. They
    can't finger point that way.

    Duane :)

    Are you communicating over long distance? If you do, you might consider
    a card with external antenna connection

    --
    nuf

    Any one will be ok if the distance is not very far between them.

    "YEAH" <YEAH@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > Can you recommend me a good PCMCIA card for my laptop and a PCI card for
    my
    > PC for building a little WLAN network in my appartment? I just want to
    > connect my old IBM Thinkpad 600E to my main PC in an ad-hoc network and
    > share files, the internet, etc. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Cristian

Wireless Notebooks Internet Wireless Networking