Good Wireless soultion for Notebook PC ?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 19, 2004 6:46:20 AM

Hi!

Can you recommend me a good PCMCIA card for my laptop and a PCI card for my
PC for building a little WLAN network in my appartment? I just want to
connect my old IBM Thinkpad 600E to my main PC in an ad-hoc network and
share files, the internet, etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Cristian
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 19, 2004 7:39:59 AM

"YEAH" <YEAH@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Hi!
>
> Can you recommend me a good PCMCIA card for my laptop and a PCI card
> for my PC for building a little WLAN network in my appartment? I just
> want to connect my old IBM Thinkpad 600E to my main PC in an ad-hoc
> network and share files, the internet, etc. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Cristian

The Linksys WPC11 I have had in my laptop for the last couple of years is
still going.

You should make sure you get cards from the same manufacturer. They
can't finger point that way.

Duane :)
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 19, 2004 10:48:04 AM

Are you communicating over long distance? If you do, you might consider
a card with external antenna connection

--
nuf
July 19, 2004 8:51:46 PM

Any one will be ok if the distance is not very far between them.

!