Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Annoying box will not go

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
August 10, 2010 7:52:28 PM

Tried everyones suggestions on this problematic box but It just refuses to leave anyone have any more ideas ? The box is a RUNDLL box and it reads - C:\PROGRA~2\ mywebs~1\bar\3.bin\F3SCRCTR.DLL Tried just about everything but just can't seem to shake this creature loose :cry: 

More about : annoying box

August 10, 2010 8:34:43 PM

jefe323 said:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

download the free version

Thankyou jefe323 for responding so quickly but this is one of the programs in which I spoke of earlier this shows you threats in your computer but fixes nothing ! Unless you buy it ! Thanks for trying and replying ......
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2010 8:38:09 PM

you can run a scan and it will show you the error and it will remove it for free

i've used it multiple times to remove malware for my computer (free version)
August 11, 2010 12:08:39 PM

jefe323 I did download the malwarebytes and I like it ! It is a keeper ! Both maleware & Ad-Aware have found homes on my computer . As good as they are , fact is , the box remains . Let me tell ya this , at the top of the box it states "there was a problem starting" and at the bottom it states "the specified module coud not be found" Any help ?
a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2010 4:08:01 PM

have you tried booting into safe mode? does the problem still exist in safe mode?
August 11, 2010 6:26:12 PM

I tried booting into safe mode wth networking I believe it was . I couldn't get out of that fast enough ! My moniter looked as if I were in 300 percent magnification mode and also in windows xp . Needless to say it done nothing !!!
a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2010 6:28:45 PM

that is what safe mode is supposed to look like...did you get the error message in safe mode?
August 11, 2010 7:21:47 PM

No not that I seen . I was a little nervous of the whole look of it for one . Not to mention It was hard trying to get any where being that magnified looking like i was in the world of xp ..
a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2010 7:32:04 PM

run malwarebytes in safe mode

also try running ccleaner
August 11, 2010 7:49:24 PM

I will Thankyou jefe323
August 11, 2010 8:28:46 PM

jefe323 said:
run malwarebytes in safe mode

also try running ccleaner

jefe323- Took your advice , much less nerve racking experiance knowing what to expect because of your advice . I seen no signs of errors and I ran malewarebytes and CCleaner , but with no luck the thing that wouldn't leave is still there !
August 11, 2010 8:35:07 PM

download Advanced System care from Iobit.com and once installed and opened. Locate the "Utilities" area and then run the disc doctor. See if it finds any errors.

Best solution

August 11, 2010 9:21:52 PM

The file in question has been removed from the hard drive but still has one or more registry entries.

run regedit. Click on the verry first entry on the left side. Then press ctrl+f (Find). When asked for what to search for enter f3scrctr.dll then click on find next. Delete any keys (Right hand side only) found. Keep searching for the entry untill none are found.
a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2010 10:18:16 PM

Run, Msconfig, disable the startup program its assosiated with. Bye, Bye, box.
August 17, 2010 1:13:02 PM

mbscomp said:
The file in question has been removed from the hard drive but still has one or more registry entries.

run regedit. Click on the verry first entry on the left side. Then press ctrl+f (Find). When asked for what to search for enter f3scrctr.dll then click on find next. Delete any keys (Right hand side only) found. Keep searching for the entry untill none are found.

Thankyou for the info. I did run regedit , I found nothing on the left side that i could click onto , and nothing that ctrl+f would take hold of did I do something wrong ?
August 27, 2010 12:30:46 PM

daship said:
Run, Msconfig, disable the startup program its assosiated with. Bye, Bye, box.

daship- Thankyou for your reply , I would have swore your suggestion was going to work it just had that look and feel to it . But there was nothing associated with that box under the start up tab or even under the general tab . The box from hell lives on , it's literaly giving me nightmares . Thanks for replying !
September 6, 2010 12:50:32 PM

jefe323 said:
have you tried booting into safe mode? does the problem still exist in safe mode?

jefe323- I'm getting conflicting instructions on how to boot into safe mode . One is to shut down the computer , turn it back on and start hitting the F12 button multiple times (only worked a couple of times) . Now I see another method for windows 7 called the F8 method , basically the same thing only as you may be able to guess , pushing the F8 key multiple times . My computer DID NOT like that ! Do you know of a good solid safe way to get into safe mode ?
September 13, 2010 11:03:03 AM

Best answer selected by mako4.
!