Sign in with
Your question

Warhammer dawn of war gold edition rebooting problem

Last response: in Video Games
April 5, 2006 6:20:34 PM

Hi, I just bought the gold edition of this game which includes the winter assault. So i install it and star playing it but after 10 min or so the thing freezes and the comp just reboots.
I've install the 1.41 patch I updated the ati drives, i just don't know whats going on. Every time i start a game and play a skirmish or the campaign, after 5 or 10 min of play it freezes for about 2 sec and the whole comp reboots.
Has anyone else had this prob or can anyone tell me what is going on, its not happening whith the other games i have.

my sys:
Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ (2.2GHz) Socket 939
Radeon X1900X 512MB PCI Express Graphics Card
LANParty UT Radeon Xpress 200 CrossFire Socket 939 ATX Motherboard
16x Dual/Double Layer DVD±RW ATAPI/IDE Drive Black Bezel
Plextor
TwinX 2.0GB Dual Channel PC-3200 CL2 DDR SDRAM Memory Kit (Two 1.0GB DDR-400 Memory Modules)
Corsair Memory
Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum PCI Sound Card
Logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse, USB
raptor 74g hard drive
z board gaming keyboard.
April 6, 2006 12:49:20 AM

Is that game protected by StarForce? I can't get to many google pages from work, but it seems that I've heard symptoms similair to that caused by starforce drivers.
April 6, 2006 6:03:03 AM

Ok...it's not listed as starforce on the daemon tools website....next idea
Related resources
April 6, 2006 5:51:39 PM

thanks for the helpl I just don't know what's going on. It looks like a fun game and its just frustating that i can't play it :x
Could it be a background program that's doing this. i have norton sys works, i did disable the virus protec. but it still happens, i've even turn off the internet but it still reboots.
Can anyone please help.
April 7, 2006 6:00:35 PM

NOrton shouldn't cause you those kinds of problems...have you tried setting the affinity to a single cpu?
June 11, 2009 4:37:19 PM

HI i need my game says that their is a fatal error can you tell how to install it.
!