Warhammer dawn of war gold edition rebooting problem

Hi, I just bought the gold edition of this game which includes the winter assault. So i install it and star playing it but after 10 min or so the thing freezes and the comp just reboots.
I've install the 1.41 patch I updated the ati drives, i just don't know whats going on. Every time i start a game and play a skirmish or the campaign, after 5 or 10 min of play it freezes for about 2 sec and the whole comp reboots.
Has anyone else had this prob or can anyone tell me what is going on, its not happening whith the other games i have.

my sys:
Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ (2.2GHz) Socket 939
Radeon X1900X 512MB PCI Express Graphics Card
LANParty UT Radeon Xpress 200 CrossFire Socket 939 ATX Motherboard
16x Dual/Double Layer DVD±RW ATAPI/IDE Drive Black Bezel
Plextor
TwinX 2.0GB Dual Channel PC-3200 CL2 DDR SDRAM Memory Kit (Two 1.0GB DDR-400 Memory Modules)
Corsair Memory
Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum PCI Sound Card
Logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse, USB
raptor 74g hard drive
z board gaming keyboard.
5 answers Last reply
More about warhammer dawn gold edition rebooting problem
  1. Is that game protected by StarForce? I can't get to many google pages from work, but it seems that I've heard symptoms similair to that caused by starforce drivers.
  2. Ok...it's not listed as starforce on the daemon tools website....next idea
  3. thanks for the helpl I just don't know what's going on. It looks like a fun game and its just frustating that i can't play it :x
    Could it be a background program that's doing this. i have norton sys works, i did disable the virus protec. but it still happens, i've even turn off the internet but it still reboots.
    Can anyone please help.
  4. NOrton shouldn't cause you those kinds of problems...have you tried setting the affinity to a single cpu?
  5. HI i need my game says that their is a fatal error can you tell how to install it.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games