jeff

Upgrading network pcs to XP Pro. Created desktop for
user, but when someone else logged onto same pc they
received a totally different desktop. I don't want to
have to re-create the same desktop for everyone.

This was never the case with Windows 98SE, so is there a
way to have the same desktop/programs appear for
everyone, no matter who's logging onto the network?

Thanks

Hi,

Sure, see:

HOW TO: Create a Custom Default User Profile
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319974

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jeff" <pvtpilot@dtnspeed.net> wrote in message
> Upgrading network pcs to XP Pro. Created desktop for
> user, but when someone else logged onto same pc they
> received a totally different desktop. I don't want to
> have to re-create the same desktop for everyone.
>
> This was never the case with Windows 98SE, so is there a
> way to have the same desktop/programs appear for
> everyone, no matter who's logging onto the network?
>
> Thanks

jeff

thx so much for your help:)