saving ZIP files

How can I download and save a zip file rather than having
Windows insist on extracting the contents?

Gordon

In news:1a50a01c41d88$15d14310$a101280a@phx.gbl,
Euan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
|| How can I download and save a zip file rather than having
|| Windows insist on extracting the contents?

Right-click on the link and choose Save Target As

"Euan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I download and save a zip file rather than having
> Windows insist on extracting the contents?

Open Windows Explorer and go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
Scroll down to the file type in question and select it.
Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
Check the box for "Confirm open after download".

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com