unkn2232324

Is there a newer version of XP home, than 2002?
I just bought a computer and am curious if I got
the most recent version.

Windows XP is the most current version of Windows. There is a
"Professional" version but its not newer (it just has different features and
a higher cost -- airmed at a different market.)

Make sure you go to the Windows Update site (www.windowsupdate.com) and Scan
for Updates, and get all the latest Critical Updates/Service Packs that it
offers you to keep your computer up-to-date and secure. (Your system might
be configured to automatically do this for you... as long as you get them
one way, you are OK.)

The next full release version of Windows is probably at least a year away.

--
Colin Nash
Microsoft MVP

"G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a newer version of XP home, than 2002?
> I just bought a computer and am curious if I got
> the most recent version.

"G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a newer version of XP home, than 2002?
> I just bought a computer and am curious if I got
> the most recent version.

Visit Windows Update and download all of the Critical updates and you will
have the newest (non-beta) version.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com