Solved

Will Microsoft Office outlook 2003 run on windows 7

Hello,
I have a version of Microsoft Offic 2003 using office outlook and wonder if I can load it into a new computer that has Windows 7.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will microsoft office outlook 2003 windows
  1. Best answer
    Yes, Office 2003 will work with Windows 7.
  2. yes, 100% compatible
  3. Thank you very much : I will try it tonight. The manual said it wouldn't work... Thanks again
    Don
  4. don Hudson said:
    Thank you very much : I will try it tonight. The manual said it wouldn't work... Thanks again
    Don

I don't see how the manual for Office 2003 would have mentioned anything for Windows 7 since it came out about 6 years before Windows 7. Maybe you are mistaking it for something else?
  5. It's quite the opposite - The new computer which has Windows 7 installed in it said Microsoft Outlook would not work in it.
  6. Perhaps if you read ALL the words next time...

I am running Microsoft Outlook on my Windows 7 computer without incident. I have never heard of anyone with any problems doing this.

I believe what may have been referenced is the fact that Windows 7 does not come with Outlook Express pre-loaded any more, unlike previous versions of Windows. I believe that you can still download Outlook Express from somewhere on the Microsoft web site and run it on W7.
  7. jeroly said:
    Perhaps if you read ALL the words next time...

I am running Microsoft Outlook on my Windows 7 computer without incident. I have never heard of anyone with any problems doing this.

I believe what may have been referenced is the fact that Windows 7 does not come with Outlook Express pre-loaded any more, unlike previous versions of Windows. I believe that you can still download Outlook Express from somewhere on the Microsoft web site and run it on W7.

The real issue is that Windows 7 is a 64 bit system. Office 2003 is 32 bit.
  8. The problem is that Windows 7 is a 64 bit operating system and Microsoft office 2003 is for a 32 bit system.
  9. This is not a problem, at least not it its own right. There's lots of software that's 32-bit which runs quite smoothly on 64-bit Windows 7. In fact, most of my software on my 64-bit Windows system is 32-bit.

Microsoft themselves assert that Office 2003 is 100% compatible with 64-bit Windows 7.

There are scattered reports of problems on installing Office 2003 on Windows 7, however, so you're not alone.
  10. C'est Outlook express 2003 qui ne fonctionne pas avec Windows 7. J'ai essayé de le télécharger et il ça m'a écrit que ce n'étais pas compatible.
  11. Yes, it will install just fine, I'm using it myself running W7 Pro 64bit. If you are planning to use Word download the File Format Converter Software free from M'soft
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3
    to enable it to read later versions (Word 2007/10)
  12. dodger46 said:
    Yes, it will install just fine, I'm using it myself running W7 Pro 64bit. If you are planning to use Word download the File Format Converter Software free from M'soft
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3
    to enable it to read later versions (Word 2007/10)

I have a related question - no solution. Can I load Outlook 2003 on my Windows 7 machine, while it is already running MS Office 2013? I'd rather not uninstall the whole Office group just to get outlook working.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Outlook 2003 Office