Problem with Asus A7M266

G

Please, help me! I need an information: I have a mobo Asus A7M266 with the lever of the cpu socket broken, so now i can install or remove a cpu moving the socket by hands...
I don't know which version of bios the mobo has, but however an old version.
I never used this mobo (now i have a [-peep-] of A7A266) and I've bought an AMD XP+1700. I know that A7M266 support that processor but needs to upgrade the bios. Unfortunately when I've installed all components my pc doesn't start, but there is power on the mobo and all components. So I need to know if the mobo could be broken or if the pc can't start cause the old version of BIOS. Thanks a lot at you all and sorry for my poor english!!! :)

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
so, the lever is broken, you cant be sure its even contacting all the pins. it wont start so of course you assume the bios is the problem?

you shot who in the what now?

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
well, i guess you didnt pick up on my scarcasm, if you cant lock the pins tight, its just not going to work. you can replace the bios with whatever and it will make no difference. thats like saying you dont have enough pci slots to fit another sound card so you try to find better drivers for it.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal