SPEED OF COMPUTER

I BELIEVE I HAVE TOO MANY PROGRAMS RUNNING IN MY TASK MANAGER BUT I DONT KNOW WHICH ONES ARE NONE ESSENTIAL CAN ANY ONE HELP ME PLEASE

Do a ctl, alt, del to bring up the task manager.
click on Processes tab
sort by user name by clicking the button that says user name
DO NOT select anything for SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, OR NETWORKING SERVICE.
Click on anything besides EXPLORER AND TASK MANAGER for this user name.
Click end process.
Repeat until only EXPLORER.EXE and TASK MANAGER.EXE are open for this
profile.

When youu reboot those process that you stopped will start again unless you

also check "msconfig" at start/run/msconfig and go to start up tab and
select those that you want to run at start up.

hope that helps you.

WS

"BERT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I BELIEVE I HAVE TOO MANY PROGRAMS RUNNING IN MY TASK MANAGER BUT I DONT
KNOW WHICH ONES ARE NONE ESSENTIAL CAN ANY ONE HELP ME PLEASE

Also run 'Adware' and 'spybot' to check for any spyware that may be running
without you knowing it.

This can slow things up a bit sometimes.

"BERT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I BELIEVE I HAVE TOO MANY PROGRAMS RUNNING IN MY TASK MANAGER BUT I DONT
KNOW WHICH ONES ARE NONE ESSENTIAL CAN ANY ONE HELP ME PLEASE

Check out www.blackviper.com for a complete list of start-up programs and information on the ones that you can safely disable.

Latest posts