Local Settings

Hi All,
The only way I can get to Local Settings is to do a search for it. When I
try c:\Documents and Settings\Owner I cannot find Local Settings anywhere.
Am I overlooking something very simple? Thanks

Billh

"monty" <annoymous@disscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> The only way I can get to Local Settings is to do a search for it. When I
> try c:\Documents and Settings\Owner I cannot find Local Settings anywhere.
> Am I overlooking something very simple? Thanks

In Explorer go to Tools Folder Options View and find something like
Show Hidden and System Files and select it. Local Settings is not shown in
the normal view.

Billh

Thanks Billh, It worked! Monty
"billh" <NoMail@Post2Newsgroup.Pls> wrote in message

> "monty" <annoymous@disscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> > The only way I can get to Local Settings is to do a search for it. When
> > try c:\Documents and Settings\Owner I cannot find Local Settings
anywhere.
> > Am I overlooking something very simple? Thanks
> >

> In Explorer go to Tools Folder Options View and find something like
> Show Hidden and System Files and select it. Local Settings is not shown
in
> the normal view.
>
> Billh

Billh

Glad it did, Monty. I always leave my settings such that I can see all the
files all the time. However, I do think it is a good idea to be able to turn
it off so less knowledgeable people can't see stuff that might cause
problems if they fiddle with it.