asus p3ce + what CPU + what RAM

G

My old abit MoBO died on me last month. (blew up is a better choice of words). So i ordered a asus p3ce which would support my p3800 slot 1 cpu. It turns out it is dead now too, i guess the mobo frying killed it . I am wondering what would be the best choice of CPU and RAM to go in this new ASUS mobo . The mobo supports P3 up to 1ghz it supports 100mhz ram 133mhz ram it also supports RamBus Ram. I was considering buying a CPU that supported The Rambus Ram but am really unsure which CPU i should get. The asus p3ce supports the i820 chipset that uses pc800 ram but i cant seem to find anywhere that mentions what processors can use that. can anyone throw me a few suggestions as to which direction i would be best off with?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It is an old Pentium III board, also accepts Celerons, nothing newer than the Coppermine version (1.65v-1.75v), and, because of the latency of RDRAM, is dog slow compared to the older BX motherboards. These things never really made it on the market because of their poor performance and the high price of RDRAM in the late 90's.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Oh, and that is ANY PIII or Celeron COppermine, which includes ALL Celeron 566-1.1GHz with 128k cache and ALL PIII's prior to the Tualatin. Since the Tualatin CPU's are contraindicated, the easiest way to tell them apart is by their low voltage of 1.475v

What's the frequency, Kenneth?