M810 series MOBO Sucks ?need help plz

G

i have M810 series MOBO and that sucks right? or is a little bit good ? cost me $65 and i have 1700XP+ athlon and that mobo have everything onboard and i want the best for Games cause im a Gamer and i love games . I need help on this please!! can this mobo i have do good for a year or 2 ? if i buy a radeon 8500 ddr 64mb vivo VIDEO CARD will this work good or i need a new MOBO ?

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
M810 is made by PCCHIPS.
It is based in chipset SIS730s and <b>only</b> supports SDR-SDRAM (doesn’t support DDR). It also has integrated graphics and AGP 4X graphics slot.

This motherboard is really an old one. Do <font color=red>NOT</font color=red> buy it.

Instead of that you could buy:
ECS K7S5A (SIS 735) which supports DDR and SDR RAM and also has AGP slot. (about US$ 58)

ECS K7S6A (SIS 745) supports only DDR (266-300-333) about $78

wyldwezl

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2001
I've been try to set one up as a favor for a friend. Came with a 950 Duron and and a 256 and 64 MB SDRam installed. Problem here-- when booted, the BIOS says battery low. I replaced the battery with a known good one. Once the power is off, it will not hold settings.

I would think twice about getting one of these. Whoever recommended the ECS board with the SiS 735 chipset is right on. Far better board. Also, for video cards-- go to www.pcchips.com.tw and check out their recommended cards-- all of them appear to be at least 2-3 generations old (though I still using them in my machines!). Hottest one they recommend is a GeForce 2, by a couple different mfgrs.

Think twice before you buy. It's also a micro-ATX board, which gives you a whopping 2 extra PCI slots. If you didn't opt for on-board LAN, then that and a soundcard will fill it. On board sound is OK, but I wouldn't game with it.

THT