NEED help, Can't uninstall Smartbar ??

April 9, 2004 5:02:12 PM

i have run ad-were 6.0 on PC ( Xp pro ) and the
errors still appear listed below:

(1) Error loading page file
(2) system_Button Missing
(3) Skin file cannot be loacate
(4) Invalid Skin File:BS_BARMISSING

This ( SMARTBAR) is to be on the next version of WIN (
longhorn ) and i installed this from a Cd from Maxium PC,
this is a nice add on but it eats up alot of resourses.
so i went to the uninstall in programs but it gives me the
errors messages every time i boot up or restart.
they have a website smartbarxp,, but it says under
construction. so i have still the errors messages and
have tried ad-were.
tks Dave

this is not a spywere program..

More about : uninstall smartbar

Anonymous
April 9, 2004 7:08:17 PM

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"DAVID" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| i have run ad-were 6.0 on PC ( Xp pro ) and the
| errors still appear listed below:
|
| (1) Error loading page file
| (2) system_Button Missing
| (3) Skin file cannot be loacate
| (4) Invalid Skin File:BS_BARMISSING
|
| This ( SMARTBAR) is to be on the next version of WIN (
| longhorn ) and i installed this from a Cd from Maxium PC,
| this is a nice add on but it eats up alot of resourses.
| so i went to the uninstall in programs but it gives me the
| errors messages every time i boot up or restart.
| they have a website smartbarxp,, but it says under
| construction. so i have still the errors messages and
| have tried ad-were.
| tks Dave
|
| this is not a spywere program..

Anonymous
April 9, 2004 8:59:18 PM

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 13:02:12 -0700, DAVID wrote:

> i have run ad-were 6.0 on PC ( Xp pro ) and the
> errors still appear listed below:
>
> (1) Error loading page file
> (2) system_Button Missing
> (3) Skin file cannot be loacate
> (4) Invalid Skin File:BS_BARMISSING
>
> This ( SMARTBAR) is to be on the next version of WIN (
> longhorn ) and i installed this from a Cd from Maxium PC,
> this is a nice add on but it eats up alot of resourses.
> so i went to the uninstall in programs but it gives me the
> errors messages every time i boot up or restart.
> they have a website smartbarxp,, but it says under
> construction. so i have still the errors messages and
> have tried ad-were.
> tks Dave
>
> this is not a spywere program..

It sounds like some images for the skinning of the smartbar failed to
install or they were never included with the setup files on the CD. If this
item is not listed in Add/Remove Programs, there may be an uninstall in the
program's folder (in the Start Menu or in Windows Explorer). You might try
System Restore too.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

IT worked, i opened up the start menu and unchecked the
smartbar box.. and rebooted so YES no more error messages,
but i do have another ?
ther are lots of listing here, so are these items all on
my c drive? i have uninstalled a few as i see i no
longer use,, so how or can these be completly deleted?

thanks again DAVID

PS. do u have a email i can have so if i have othe issues
i can email it to you ?? mine is turtleslow378@yahoo.com

(
>> longhorn ) and i installed this from a Cd from Maxium
PC,
>> this is a nice add on but it eats up alot of
resourses.
>> so i went to the uninstall in programs but it gives me
the
>> errors messages every time i boot up or restart.
>> they have a website smartbarxp,, but it says under
>> construction. so i have still the errors messages and
>> have tried ad-were.
>> tks Dave
>>
>> this is not a spywere program..
>
>It sounds like some images for the skinning of the
smartbar failed to
>install or they were never included with the setup files
on the CD. If this
>item is not listed in Add/Remove Programs, there may be
an uninstall in the
>program's folder (in the Start Menu or in Windows
Explorer). You might try
>System Restore too.
>
>--
>Sharon F
>MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User
>.

Anonymous
April 9, 2004 9:00:02 PM

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 13:02:12 -0700, DAVID wrote:

> they have a website smartbarxp,, but it says under
> construction.

PS: If there is an email link at that website, you might want to use it.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:35:41 -0700, DAVID-thanks U wrote:

> IT worked, i opened up the start menu and unchecked the
> smartbar box.. and rebooted so YES no more error messages,
> but i do have another ?
> ther are lots of listing here, so are these items all on
> my c drive? i have uninstalled a few as i see i no
> longer use,, so how or can these be completly deleted?
>
> thanks again DAVID

You're welcome, David. Most of the items in the start menu are shortcuts
(pointers, not actual program files) and it's safe to delete items for
programs that you have uninstalled.

> PS. do u have a email i can have so if i have othe issues
> i can email it to you ??

I prefer not to give technical help via email. Newsgroups are wonderful
things. Someone else may have installed that same program. A quick search
here or on Google will bring up this thread and your solution. Also,
there's a lot to learn here. I suggested one way to tackle the problem.
Other folks may show up with other useful methods. In other words, email
helps only one person. Newsgroups help many. :)

If you run into trouble in the future or just have a Windows question, come
on back. If I don't answer your question, someone will. There are many
people that read and participate in these newsgroups on a regular basis.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User