trojans?

my virus scan picked up a trojan, now (i dont know what a trojan is?),, is it worse than a virus? cud sumone shed light on this subject.
11 answers Last reply
More about trojans

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

    Virus Removal Tools
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html

    Online Virus Removal Tutorials
    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/virusremoval/virusremoval_info_tutorial.html

    There is a very helpful virus removal newsgroup you may wish to post to:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    jkaxon wrote:
    > my virus scan picked up a trojan, now (i dont know what a trojan
    > is?),, is it worse than a virus? cud sumone shed light on this
    > subject.

    By typing "difference trojan virus" into Google, this came up as the
    first hit. Easy when you know how?
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/1999041209131106
    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

    Remember what newsgroup this is. The OP may not even know what Google is.
    Seriously.

    We were all there once .....

    --
    David Nimon
    dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca

    "David Nimon" <dnimonREMOVE@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Remember what newsgroup this is. The OP may not even know what Google is.
    > Seriously.
    >
    > We were all there once .....
    >
    > --
    still there sometimes : )

    On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 18:18:53 -0400, David Nimon wrote:

    > Remember what newsgroup this is. The OP may not even know what Google is.
    > Seriously.
    >
    > We were all there once .....

    Knowing Kath from other places online, I think that she was being helpful
    and not critical. It would be nice if these messages could contain voice
    inflection. :)

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    "W????n S." <warren.s@youareaspammer.net> wrote in message

    > "David Nimon" <dnimonREMOVE@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > Remember what newsgroup this is. The OP may not even know what Google
    is.
    > > Seriously.
    > >
    > > We were all there once .....
    > >
    > > --
    > still there sometimes : )

    LMAO!

    Sharon F wrote:
    > On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 18:18:53 -0400, David Nimon wrote:
    >
    >> Remember what newsgroup this is. The OP may not even know what
    >> Google is. Seriously.
    >>
    >> We were all there once .....
    >
    > Knowing Kath from other places online, I think that she was being
    > helpful and not critical. It would be nice if these messages could
    > contain voice inflection. :)

    Thanks, Sharon. My message was supposed to have a smiley at the end, but
    I hit send before I had remembered to insert. We are all human and
    fallible?
    And I agree, voice and tone would help. It was meant to be suggestive to
    search Google, I admit I could have said more about how to do just that?
    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

    Sorry pal, I was never an idiot.

    Based upon your holier-than-thou response, I'd suggest you've achieved that
    'status' now

    --
    David Nimon
    dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca
    "Wislu Plethora" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

    Seems your ignorance carrys on, however.

    "Wislu Plethora" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Oh yes you were. I distinctly remember.
    "Wislu Plethora" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Virus Trojan Microsoft Windows XP