Control Panel not Respondiong

I have just recently installed a new XP system. I was just congratulating
myself upon finaling the installation of the last of my applications when I
wanted to check something on the "Network and Internet Connections". On
accessing this through the Control Panel it just hung the system although
accessing "Network and Internet Connections" from an icon I had placed on
the desktop was OK.
On checking the other controls on the Control Panel, "Add or Remove
Programs" was the only one that worked properly. Most of the others got thru
the first level of the menu but then failed in the same manner as "Network
and Internet Connections".

Is this an indication of a screwed registry? Any help will be gratefully
received.

Dennis Jelavic

TweakUI has a Control Panel utility

How to Add a Control Panel Tool to a Category
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292463&Product=winxp

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Dennis Jelavic" <djelavic@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> I have just recently installed a new XP system. I was just congratulating
> myself upon finaling the installation of the last of my applications when I
> wanted to check something on the "Network and Internet Connections". On
> accessing this through the Control Panel it just hung the system although
> accessing "Network and Internet Connections" from an icon I had placed on
> the desktop was OK.
> On checking the other controls on the Control Panel, "Add or Remove
> Programs" was the only one that worked properly. Most of the others got thru
> the first level of the menu but then failed in the same manner as "Network
> and Internet Connections".
>
> Is this an indication of a screwed registry? Any help will be gratefully
> received.
>
> Dennis Jelavic

Latest posts