Internet Explorer Problems

I have tried to reset my internet options on internet
explorer and each time I do I get the error Message: The
operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in
effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator.
Which would be great except I am the administrator on
this computer and I am not networked. I have a cable
modem on a wireless network. The modem is in one room
and I am in another. We did this so that when friends
come over they can access the web on my net.
What is going on and how do I fix this problem. I also
can not load Yahoo and can not update any number of
programs that require IE to load them. Please someone
come up with an asnwer. Many thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer problems

    The restrictions that are available to Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823057&Product=ie600

    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "Jon Tufts" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have tried to reset my internet options on internet
    > explorer and each time I do I get the error Message: The
    > operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in
    > effect on this computer. Please contact your system
    > administrator.
    > Which would be great except I am the administrator on
    > this computer and I am not networked. I have a cable
    > modem on a wireless network. The modem is in one room
    > and I am in another. We did this so that when friends
    > come over they can access the web on my net.
    > What is going on and how do I fix this problem. I also
    > can not load Yahoo and can not update any number of
    > programs that require IE to load them. Please someone
    > come up with an asnwer. Many thanks

    Restrictions error while opening Internet Options
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell

    ExportZone - for Internet Explorer:
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ExportZone.htm

    "Jon Tufts" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ac5801c41eda$4788d4b0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    I have tried to reset my internet options on internet
    explorer and each time I do I get the error Message: The
    operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in
    effect on this computer. Please contact your system
    administrator.
    Which would be great except I am the administrator on
    this computer and I am not networked. I have a cable
    modem on a wireless network. The modem is in one room
    and I am in another. We did this so that when friends
    come over they can access the web on my net.
    What is going on and how do I fix this problem. I also
    can not load Yahoo and can not update any number of
    programs that require IE to load them. Please someone
    come up with an asnwer. Many thanks

Internet Explorer Windows XP