Internet Explorer Problems

April 10, 2004 6:00:32 AM

I have tried to reset my internet options on internet
explorer and each time I do I get the error Message: The
operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in
effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator.
Which would be great except I am the administrator on
this computer and I am not networked. I have a cable
modem on a wireless network. The modem is in one room
and I am in another. We did this so that when friends
come over they can access the web on my net.
What is going on and how do I fix this problem. I also
can not load Yahoo and can not update any number of
programs that require IE to load them. Please someone
come up with an asnwer. Many thanks
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 9:40:19 AM

The restrictions that are available to Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823057&Product=ie600

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Jon Tufts" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have tried to reset my internet options on internet
> explorer and each time I do I get the error Message: The
> operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in
> effect on this computer. Please contact your system
> administrator.
> Which would be great except I am the administrator on
> this computer and I am not networked. I have a cable
> modem on a wireless network. The modem is in one room
> and I am in another. We did this so that when friends
> come over they can access the web on my net.
> What is going on and how do I fix this problem. I also
> can not load Yahoo and can not update any number of
> programs that require IE to load them. Please someone
> come up with an asnwer. Many thanks
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 7:23:48 PM

Restrictions error while opening Internet Options
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell