Recycling old cell phones

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
April 18, 2004 6:41:59 AM

IIRC, there is an organization that will take old phones...anyone know what
it is?

More about : recycling cell phones

Anonymous
April 18, 2004 6:42:00 AM

There are many places.

Your local police department may collect old phones for battered women
and rape victims.

I know that some electronics stores (Best Buy in particular) collect
old cell phones.

Also check with your local cell phone dealer.

Check around, you may find a place to get rid of that old phone and
put it to good use.

Dave

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 02:41:59 GMT, Nobody <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>IIRC, there is an organization that will take old phones...anyone know what
>it is?
April 18, 2004 7:37:34 AM

Diamond Dave <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in

> There are many places.
>
> Your local police department may collect old phones for battered women
> and rape victims.
>
> I know that some electronics stores (Best Buy in particular) collect
> old cell phones.
>
> Also check with your local cell phone dealer.
>
> Check around, you may find a place to get rid of that old phone and
> put it to good use.

Thanks Dave...what about pagers?
Related resources
April 18, 2004 8:18:39 AM

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 02:41:59 GMT, Nobody <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>IIRC, there is an organization that will take old phones...anyone know what
>it is?

Rumor has it any VerizonWireless office will take them. If they can
be reused for women's shelters, they will be. Otherwise they will be
recycled.

When you're in, check out accessories too "-)
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 12:50:38 PM

Nobody wrote:
> IIRC, there is an organization that will take old phones...anyone
> know what it is?

http://www.cellfund.org/
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 3:08:19 PM

> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 02:41:59 GMT, Nobody <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> >IIRC, there is an organization that will take old phones...anyone know
what
> >it is?

> Your local police department may collect old phones for battered women
> and rape victims.

The women would be better served if the police issued them one of the
revolvers that were retired when they went to semi automatics.

dan'l.
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 3:08:20 PM

I wouldn't give them a loaded gun. They probably wouldn't know how to
use it.

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:08:19 GMT, "Daniel Dravot"
<chasham97NOSPAM@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote:

>> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 02:41:59 GMT, Nobody <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>
>> >IIRC, there is an organization that will take old phones...anyone know
>what
>> >it is?
>

>> Your local police department may collect old phones for battered women
>> and rape victims.
>
>The women would be better served if the police issued them one of the
>revolvers that were retired when they went to semi automatics.
>
>dan'l.

Anonymous
April 18, 2004 5:05:35 PM

you can probably go to your local police which send them to women's shelters
for their use to call 911
!